Desert sled 101

Rebel JK

What better use for an old pathfinder hood and a busted chair in auto shop. Got home from work today and the kid was working on this bad boy. Im old enough to know this Is probably be a bad idea, but young enough to sign up for a ride when it's done!

Rebel JK

What better use for an old pathfinder hood and a busted chair in auto shop. Got home from work today and the kid was working on this bad boy. Im old enough to know this Is probably be a bad idea, but young enough to sign up for a ride when it's done!

Here's a few shots ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395364558.221055.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395364569.563917.jpg

Beyrgut

Hell I would try that, I've done sketchier stuff in my younger days. Maybe even have him bevel the sides so he can lean steer it easier.

BobV

Sign me up :thumb:

I'm always up for doing something that probably isn't the best idea in the world just because of how much fun its gonna be and the inevitable stories to tell later

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm all over that! Make sure to connect your rope low so the lip of the hood rides high. An endo would not be fun.

pvanweelden

That's sweet Wes! Here's what we do in Iowa- ski ropes hooked up to the rear tow points :D
1395368373887.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rebel JK

Paul that's exactly where the idea originated. This one won't be finished for this weekend but i can see some serious potential. Shark thanks for the tie point input... Will be looking for closed end eye bolt tomorrow to mount nice and low.

pvanweelden

:thumbup: make sure you get some goggles for the rider.
What about attaching the eye hook under the front of the hood ( yes it would create drag, but It's sand, right? It would help keep the front of the hood up

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jhires

Gonna sound like an old man here, but please be careful.
One friend died when he was thrown off during a hard turn on a very similar setup and head hit a rock.
Another severely injured when the tow rig stopped, but he didn't. Broken jaw and busted teeth when their face met the rear diff.

Rebel JK

Yep Paul I'm thinking eye bolt mounted on lower lip underside. The desert at ocotillo wells is as much hard pack as rock mixed with sand, so a bit/lot less forgiving than glamis deep sand.
J- thanks. appreciate the heads up on that. I'm with you, mellow speed, full motocross gear, full face helmet required for this ride.

Top Bottom