Rear diff covers.

Rockdude

Looking at getting a new upgraded diff cover for my rear dana 44 before the jeep safari. Anyone have any suggestions or what they like/prefer. There are many different brands out there. Also been looking at some that have a small skid plate/slider built onto diff cover anyone use or know anything about these?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Looking at getting a new upgraded diff cover for my rear dana 44 before the jeep safari. Anyone have any suggestions or what they like/prefer. There are many different brands out there. Also been looking at some that have a small skid plate/slider built onto diff cover anyone use or know anything about these?

I've been eyeballing the Dynatrac Pro Series Diff covers. They are more ridged than the stock covers and have lower ribs cast into the cover for protection, plus they look sweet!

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a set of Solid covers but haven't installed them. I was going to swap them out and ended up grinding the lower lip of the stock cover that extends below the diff so it won't catch.

The stock seem to be plenty strong - I have a 2010, not sure if newer models have the same issue with the cover hanging below the diff

JAGS

Hooked
I have a set of Solid covers but haven't installed them. I was going to swap them out and ended up grinding the lower lip of the stock cover that extends below the diff so it won't catch.

The stock seem to be plenty strong - I have a 2010, not sure if newer models have the same issue with the cover hanging below the diff

Can you take care of the overhang with the cover still on or issues with heat?

Rccrwlr

...ended up grinding the lower lip of the stock cover that extends below the diff so it won't catch.

^^this is the plan. Then paint them red as if there cool or something

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Aftermarket covers look cool and I would get one just for that but, as mentioned, the factory cover will work just fine. Just grind the bottom lip so that it won't catch on rocks and it'll work just as we'll.

Toxic

I like the look of the Nitro cover, but like Eddie said the factory one is fine. Mines taken a licking and keeps on ticking
NPCOVER-D44-4.jpg

Rockdude

Thanks for all the info everyone. Think I will probably go with the ARB diff cover. Also leaning towards doing the front as well. Time is ticking down for the jeep safari, just over a week now and still a few upgrades I am trying to squeeze in last minute!!!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I just like these pics, so that is why I am posting. :)

DSC02543_zps58ff9d01.jpg

DSC02542_zps130da4dc.jpg

Passenger rear off the ground...

DSC02540_zps68e86a9f.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
I like the idea of the additional skid on the differential covers, will those fit on any differential cover

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I like the idea of the additional skid on the differential covers, will those fit on any differential cover

Yep! :beer: Unless you have one of those skull ones that stick out real far....

Last edited:

onesignguy

Anyone have pictures of the stock diff lower lip ground off?
I plan on going that route but wanted to make sure I do it right.

It's a bad ass journey

Top Bottom