Anvil paint peeling???

BigBoy

I took delivery only three months ago and 2300 miles and now this. Can't imagine its a rock chip with how the paint is peeling, it's right on the edge of the hood. I have a feeling that that is what the dealer will say when I ask about the warranty for paint. Anyone else with an anvil have paint problems?

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Honestly, from the picture it looks to be a rock chip...or something similar...but thats just based off this picture. I haven't seen, heard, or read about this being an issue at all. See what the dealer says?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
It is likely a rock chip or something else hit it. Before the body panels every get to the factory they have a special ecoat primer on them to prevent rust. All new vehicles do. So if the paint itself was peeling the ecoat would still be there and you wouldn't see that rust. It looks like that chip is on the front of hood right above grill. Welcome to the Wayalife, rock chips and window chips are part of the ownership experience.

BigBoy

That's the best pic I could get with my phone. I've never seen a rock chip that bad. Not bad enough to make it through the primer at least. My last car was freeway driven frequently and showed the miles but nothing this severe. I guess it's just my dumb luck and the one in a million spot it happened. I guess I'm most pissed it's only been 3 months. I would have thought the first damage would have at least been good times on the trail. :)

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

That's the best pic I could get with my phone. I've never seen a rock chip that bad. Not bad enough to make it through the primer at least. My last car was freeway driven frequently and showed the miles but nothing this severe. I guess it's just my dumb luck and the one in a million spot it happened. I guess I'm most pissed it's only been 3 months. I would have thought the first damage would have at least been good times on the trail. :)

I think we all would or do feel this way if we were in the same position as you.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Ya it sucks, I had two chips that bad on my windshield pillars and a cracked windshield in less than 3 months. I swear they throw gravel on the road here in the winter. I little touch up paint fixed it up and the windshield is still cracked the whole way across. I refuse to fix it until it's in my normal line of sight. Guess that's the downside of driving a lifted brick, I've actually gotten used to hearing the rocks slamming off the body and just busting out the touch up paint at every wash.

Brankz

Ya it sucks, I had two chips that bad on my windshield pillars and a cracked windshield in less than 3 months. I swear they throw gravel on the road here in the winter. I little touch up paint fixed it up and the windshield is still cracked the whole way across. I refuse to fix it until it's in my normal line of sight. Guess that's the downside of driving a lifted brick, I've actually gotten used to hearing the rocks slamming off the body and just busting out the touch up paint at every wash.

Most car insurances fix or replace car windshields for free

Call your insurance and find out

If its only been 3 months, you might be surprised if you swing by the dearlership...maybe when you get your first oil change. Most dealerships ( mine included) have a paint touch up guy that will treat and airbrush that for nothing for their customers. Have you talked to the dealership yet?

I've dished out more dent removals and touch up than I can count in the past 7 years...just part of customer retention and keeping the local folks happy!:beer:

AZDIESELPIG

Take it to the dealer and have them check the paint thickness. If its low they will cover it. My expierence with painting automotive parts with a 2 stage paint is that it take good hit just right to get a chip like that.

JKFlyer

While I am not under warranty, I get shit like that in same spot. Just chase the chips w touch up paint. Looks like it was sitting exposed for a while for rust to set in

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

BigBoy

I made a visit to the dealer yesterday and it's been ruled a rock chip.

On the bright side I now have a bottle of touch up paint! At least they gave me a deal on that for being a member of the local Jeep club.

Top Bottom