Need help from a fellow 2012+ JK here in Mid Michigan

2trackin

I have a Superchips flashpaq, But I upgraded to the traildash on my 2014. I uninstalled the flashpaq and reran the update after superchips released the serial number on their end. The programmer shows everything as back to stock, but still shows my vehicle info on it. I was told that it "should" go away when plugged into a different Jeep. But I dont want to risk selling it not being 100% certain that it'll work for the buyer. I was told that when plugged into the new jeep it should show up as the way it did when I first installed it on mine. So I wont have to actually use it on someones Jeep, Just need to plug in and make sure it does what it should. If the person helping me is interested in buying it as well. Well that would be great as well. Id give that person a good deal on it.
Located just north of Flint.
PM me if interested in buying or just helping me out.
Thanks!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I don't have a flashpaq, but with past tuners I've had on other vehicles, your vehicle info is stored in the tuner regardless if you change it back to stock. The programmer is just 'tuning' the vehicle back to stock, not transferring the vehicle information back into the PCM. It should relearn the buyers vehicle info once you plug it into their Jeep.

2trackin

That's what Superchips told me as well.
I just wanted to make certain before I sold it with the small chance it didn't release the vin lock and end up being "that guy" that sold someone a locked tuner.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, restoring it back to stock should take care of it even if your info still shows up on it now.

Top Bottom