.75 Inch leveling spring spacer kit

14 rubicon

I have a 2014 JK Rubicon and want to eliminate some or all of the factory rake. Can I just install the .75 inch front coil spring spacers or is it more involved. Not ready to do a full lift at this time. Any help?

2trackin

You could probably get away with that. Will most likely want a realignment done so that your caster angle is within spec.
But .75" shouldn't change much in that regard

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

aldaman

Will I need longer stabilizer bar links? Shocks?

Not needed at all. I just installed the spacers and didn't have to get an alignment done or re-center the steering wheel..

W/spacers

IMAG1523.jpg

raked

IMAG1492-1.jpg

aldaman

JKbrick

I put spacers on too to do the same thing when I changed my springs. I put the spacer on first then the factory rubber isolator then the spring

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have a 2014 JK Rubicon and want to eliminate some or all of the factory rake. Can I just install the .75 inch front coil spring spacers or is it more involved. Not ready to do a full lift at this time. Any help?

You absolutely can just install a 3/4" spacer in the front to eliminate rake. Nothing more is involved. No caster adjustments needed, no shock or brake line extensions or anything. Just throw the spacer on and enjoy! :thumb:

BlueCopper

I did the same with mine after i installed my bumper/winch. Got rid of a lot of the rake and looks much better in my opinion. No other mods necessary.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

14 rubicon

Its a 2014 with 2,000 miles. will installation of these .75 inch spacers void my factory warrantee? Should I wait 3 years to do anything?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Its a 2014 with 2,000 miles. will installation of these .75 inch spacers void my factory warrantee? Should I wait 3 years to do anything?

It shouldn't, but the only definite way to answer that is to ask the service manager at your dealership. I had a 2013 JK with a TF leveling kit which consisted of 2" spacers in front and 1" spacers in the rear. I had a lot of warranty work done on that and they replaced pinion seal, transmission tubes, water pump, etc. with no issues whatsoever. Not so much as a second look. In order to deny warranty work, they would have to prove the modifications you did affected the parts that went out. I cant see a 3/4 inch spacer causing any issues.

14 rubicon

Thank you. Just to be safe I will discuss it with the service dept at the dealership where I bought it. Yours is a 2013 and all those things went out. Makes me afraid of what I have to look forward to. Water pump in one year????

14 rubicon

Thanks to all. Just talked to service dept and was told it wouldn't in any way affect the warrantee. Sooooo tomorrow morning I will install the spacers myself.

09blackruby

Be very careful. This is just the beginning of the rest of the mods.. Once you crack the bolts on the front and get a taste of a very small lift.... The rest of the jeep is fair game... :). I wish I could say I was kidding. I did the same thing in the beginning and u will be happy once completed..

Craig.Turner

This is the closest thread I could find to .....find help. I have installed a 4 in Rough Country lift with 35's. Really happy with the results and how it drives. But, I still feel like I notice some of the factory rake look after lifting. Am I crazy? I am looking at installing front bumper and winch and I'm afraid that with the added weight it will make the rake even worse. Is a 0.75in coil spacer enough to counter the extra weight and the existing rake? Any experience with this ?

Last edited:

Craig.Turner

Here's is the rake look I'm referring to after lift.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432404543.827999.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1432404543.827999.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom