CCFabs tube fender install for TJ

Woody3

This will be a somewhat detailed installation write up for the TJ 3" hoodline tube fenders from CCFabs. These fenders allow you to use your stock inner fenders and hood latches.

*You will be cutting your stock fenders if you buy these tube fenders.

Ok, I received my fenders direct from CCFabs almost 2 weeks after I placed the order. This was right in line with what they told me when I placed the order. 1 week lead time and then shipping time.

When I opened the box I found two beautiful fenders, very basic instructions and a business card. I was disappointed that I didn't get any stickers. (I'm a sticker guy)

After watching the CCFabs YouTube video and looking over the "instructions" I figured I would tackle the project.

-------------------------------------------
Step by step:

1. Remove your fender flares. (No pic)
2. Look under your fender and remove both bulbs from the turn indicator sockets.
3. Pry wires from fender
ahavu8um.jpg

2uba8y2y.jpg

4. From your firewall, measure forward 11ish inches and mark with a pen or scribe.
rymequzu.jpg

y6e9adet.jpg
5a5u4a5u.jpg

5. If your hood is up, close it then trace your hood line onto your fender.
maje8y3e.jpg

6. Unbolt and remove your hood latch that's bolted to your fender.
uha8ugyv.jpg
3y4ugu6a.jpg

7. Locate the two spot welds under your fender that hold the hood latch bracket to your fender.
y6a5a3yh.jpg
emu3u7et.jpg

8. Use a drill bit large enough to drill the entire spot weld out. (I drilled all the way through from under the fender)
ypenegur.jpg

9. Pull hood latch bracket down so it's out of your way
3ata5yme.jpg

10. Remove the 3 bolts that are at the front of your fender and go into your grill.
y6e3e2a3.jpg

11. Use a cutoff wheel and cut all the lines you previously drew on your fender.
*Please use caution and be sure no wires are close to where you're cutting. There is a bundle of wires that run next to the battery and along the inner fender.

Also use proper PPE :D

These pictures are by the grill. I wiggled the sheet metal and fatigued it so it would brake. My cutoff wheel wouldn't get close enough to the grill
nyne8upe.jpg
egagutem.jpg

Hood line cut

usyqe2a2.jpg

Cut all the way through here.
yrebuju3.jpg

12. Cut along the outer edge of the rear part of the fender
ajyqy4e4.jpg

It should be able to pull away now
buqavuge.jpg

13. Pull the outer "skin" back you you can see the 4 bolts holding it into the firewall.
14. Remove the 4 bolts
sumugy7u.jpg
ynupe6yv.jpg

15. You will now have to trim your battery tray and some other places on the inner fender so your tube fenders will fit in.
ve9edava.jpg
mybuta2a.jpg

16. I put a radius here so it would look cleaner
yzyja5ym.jpg

17. Keep trimming until your fenders fit nicely
18. Prep and paint your fenders :) (I used this time to paint the now exposed edges of the old fenders where I cut)

I noticed this huge gap and thought, oh great!!! These won't look nice at all
uvega2e7.jpg

Don't fear, it buttons up nicely :D

19. Loosely install the front 3 bolts in the new fender.

*I found it much easier to install the back 4 bolts after I removed the battery and battery tray.

20. Install the 4 bolts into the firewall.
21. Tighten all 7 bolts

Now you should have this...
yve5ynas.jpg
asuvy3eq.jpg
7e8adyga.jpg

Look under your fender and you will see the two holes where your hood stop was. Use those holes to index your drill bit.
22. Drill two holes for your hood stop pads.
ejabyzy8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Woody3

yqany2a6.jpg
ybytuje4.jpg

23. Close your hood and line up your hood latch. Mark where the latch bolt hits your fender.
24. Raise your hood up and drill your hood latch hole.
25. Move the hood latch support bracket up to position and bolt your hood latch down.
5ejedugy.jpg

You are all set.
Now go do the other side. :D
jubamabe.jpg

Awesome write up Woody!
Your rig has completely morphed since you picked it up. Looking good!

I'm sure your write up will help a lot of TJ owners.

Woody3

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping. The instructions were not very detailed.

Woody3

Finished the LED blinker/running lights.
ypy9epyh.jpg

Ignore the dangling wire :) it's tucked up and secure now. :D

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Top Bottom