Fuel Smell when heater is on..need help!

mhorbatak

Hi All,

So this weekend I replaced my jeep's spark plugs, plug wires, and cleaned the throttle body thanks to the great write-up on this forum. Now, when I have the vents on (heater) I get a fuel smell inside the cabin. It's not a strong smell, but definitely a smell when the jeep is stopped or idling. Has anyone dealt with this kind of issue? Any thoughts on what might be causing this smell?:thinking::thinking thanks for the help guys

gtony12

Caught the Bug
What did you clean your throttle body with? Is there a chance you spilt or sprayed cleaner on you engine block and its burning off and the smell is entering your vent? Just some ideas.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
X2 on how you cleaned the TB...usually it's best to remove the TB to clean it. If you removed the TB check that you got it back on with the gasket correctly placed.
If you cleaned it while attached the overspray should clear in a few days or you can go to the carwash and hose it off....

mhorbatak

I cleaned the TB with B12 Chemtool and I did get some of the cleaner on the engine..that's probably the chem just burning off.

Top Bottom