Can I hide this with corner guards?

Chevy Dave

It was nice out today so a buddy and I took Lucy (my jeep) down a local trail. Backing up to remaneuver in the woods I gave her too much juice in reverse and like a dumbass I smacked a tree ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395878954.613359.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395878991.984422.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395879021.512928.jpg
Bumper is creased, plate bracket is toast, and quarter panel is dented in. Before I pay out the ass at a body shop I figured I'd ask what you guys reccomend. Can I pull the tail light and push the dent out as far as possible then hide with corner guards? If so, what affordable corner guards would you all reccomend? Also with corner guards would I need to relocate the license plate bracket? What do you guys think I should do?
Thanks

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Evo corner guards. And move the plate to the center of spare. Corner guards would cover that up

MTG

Caught the Bug
Find someone with a take off plate holder. Push out dent as best you can. Move on. Probably won't be the last time something like this happens. :yup:

crowrb29

What's the best way to push a dent back out? I've heard varying opinions, and my corner guards I have now don't quite hide all the damage.

To answer your question though, even cheaper ones like some bushwackers would cover that damage... If you get any that have double sided tape or nutcerts though try your best to straighten it out first or it won't sit on there right.

Chevy Dave

What's the best way to push a dent back out? I've heard varying opinions, and my corner guards I have now don't quite hide all the damage.

To answer your question though, even cheaper ones like some bushwackers would cover that damage... If you get any that have double sided tape or nutcerts though try your best to straighten it out first or it won't sit on there right.

Can you post a link to the ones you are talking about that would totally hide it? Also where do I put the plate then?

olram30

Evo corner guards, license plate bracket with oro 3rd light. 3x3 lights for reverse. You can run a bumper, I just prefer the evo d rings. Stock tail lights and license plate stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

Attachments

• 1395882250903.jpg
    1395882250903.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 343

Chevy Dave

Evo corner guards, license plate bracket with oro 3rd light. 3x3 lights for reverse. You can run a bumper, I just prefer the evo d rings. Stock tail lights and license plate stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

That looks expensive! Can I reuse my stock tail lights with evo guards and can I mount the plate where it usually goes?

crowrb29

This was the cheapest fix I could get, granted my damage was a little more extensive than yours, lol. Had to happen eventually, thick forests and driving in reverse don't mix

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395882529.463939.jpg

I bent the plate to fit the body lines of the jeep and uses 3M VHB automotive tape to stick it on, as well as the light. I've ran it through mud, sand, rain, car wash, temps from 115 to 20 degrees and have had zero issues with it adhering. I

crowrb29

Awesome thanks for the help! Those are the same guards you are running?

I have the Rugged Ridge they are a little cheaper and they have that redneck diamond plate. I know AEV makes some that are about the same size and metal. The EVO ones are cheaper than the AEV ones though, cover the quarter panel and fender, and are only a little more if your order lights with them.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Find someone with a take off plate holder. Push out dent as best you can. Move on. Probably won't be the last time something like this happens. :yup:

This. At least the damage happened offroad. Just leave out the parts that express your lack of smarts haha (I've done worse but got lucky with minimal damage!)

olram30

That looks expensive! Can I reuse my stock tail lights with evo guards and can I mount the plate where it usually goes?

Used the forum discount. Little over $300 bucks. Lights are any 4" push in lights. I think I paid 35 bucks for both. Rock solid corners now.

crowrb29

You could also probably remount your plate on a new holder with the rugged ridge or bushwackers guards if you can find a takeoff. Doesn't look like the panel is too bent behind the plate holder.

jeeeep

Hooked
The link you posted was for a TJ but I can probably find the JK set. In their picture they show a license plate mount. Is that included or another bushwacker item?

the license plate mount is included, they stick on with 3m tape so prepping is important..but it's easy to prep

Top Bottom