Diff oil

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
What weight diff oil are you guys running? Its time to change my daily driver and also fill my project up.

I was thinking of running the factory 75W-90 in my daily driver especially due to the cold winters. But wondering if i should run the thicker stuff in my trail rig. It will really only be driven in warmer months.

Also, is the royal purple really worth the $20 per quart? Or is Mobil 1 @ half the price fine? Our do you guys just run plain old dead dinosaur oil?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Thanks for link but i know how to do it. I was more wondering what people are running. I have lockers not lsd so don't need synthetic, just wondering if its really worth it. Or is it just the same debate as engine oil?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I've tried dino and synth, i like the synth mobile1 because I tow so I use recommended weight for towing

I have an 08 Rubicon and I run Amsoil in both of mine and will do it again when its time to change. I used the recommended heavier weight for towing, 80W110 I think, even though I never tow. I used the heavier weight for better cling and protection. In the end synthetic vs dino is the same argument as engine oil and its your personal preference.

machinegunmedic

I run the RP 75W90 in both diffs. I was running 75W140 in the rear but I really noticed a difference at -25C. I'm happy with the RP and I run it for all fluids except tranny.

Top Bottom