So I messed up

brooklyn4x4

So I messed up I ordered the wrong teraflex budget boost from northridge4x4 I gave them the wrong product number and ordered the one without shock extentions. I should of realized by the price difference but at the time it didn't dawn on me I was just happy to uses the wayalife discount code. I didn't notice till I got my package today and saw they weren't there .

So my questions is are they necessary and if not immediately will I have any longterm issues ? Because I was hoping to put my lift on this Saturday because I have my new 35's coming in tomorrow from discount tire and I had a few of my buddy clear the schedule Saturday to give me a hand with the install.

So I was wondering what you guys think should I just install it anyway? Or should I order the extentions or new shocks and just wait?

P.s thanks in advance for the advice and I want to make it clear I'm not saying anything bad about northridge4x4 they where great I was the one who messed up :beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

So I messed up I ordered the wrong teraflex budget boost from northridge4x4 I gave them the wrong product number and ordered the one without shock extentions. I should of realized by the price difference but at the time it didn't dawn on me I was just happy to uses the wayalife discount code. I didn't notice till I got my package today and saw they weren't there .

So my questions is are they necessary and if not immediately will I have any longterm issues ? Because I was hoping to put my lift on this Saturday because I have my new 35's coming in tomorrow from discount tire and I had a few of my buddy clear the schedule Saturday to give me a hand with the install.

So I was wondering what you guys think should I just install it anyway? Or should I order the extentions or new shocks and just wait?

P.s thanks in advance for the advice and I want to make it clear I'm not saying anything bad about northridge4x4 they where great I was the one who messed up :beer:

Should be able to just install it I think. Just won't have much droop. If you have a sport I would really recommend new shocks, stocks are junk.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What size is the budget boost? That will make a difference. You could probably install it but I wouldn't think about wheeling it without longer shocks or shock extensions. You'd definitely limit your flex. Did you get brake extention brackets too?

brooklyn4x4

What size is the budget boost? That will make a difference. You could probably install it but I wouldn't think about wheeling it without longer shocks or shock extensions. You'd definitely limit your flex. Did you get brake extention brackets too?

Thanks guys and I got a 2.5'' and yes I got the brake extensions . Plus I do have a sport so do u guys think its worth just getting new shocks instead of the extensions

RamP

It's going to depend on your long term plans. If you got the BB just to get on 35's and you plan on getting a full suspension lift within a year or 2, keep the stock shocks and get extensions. If you will be keeping the BB long term, get new shocks.
I run a BB with shock extensions and am happy so far. But will be upgrading to a full kit in the future.

JKbrick

I have front shock extensions you could use but not back ones, I used rock star skids on the rear and those are a skid that also raise the lower mounting point. You can PM me if you need the fronts

brooklyn4x4

It's going to depend on your long term plans. If you got the BB just to get on 35's and you plan on getting a full suspension lift within a year or 2, keep the stock shocks and get extensions. If you will be keeping the BB long term, get new shocks.
I run a BB with shock extensions and am happy so far. But will be upgrading to a full kit in the future.

Yea I probly will upgrade to a full suspension lift in the further so I probly will just get extension jkbrick I'm gonna send you a pm now. So the way it seems from everything I read that if I put my lift on this week end I shouldn't have any problems as long I don't wheel it and its only for a short time until I get extensions or new shocks .

We could always get you the shock extensions if you wanted them. If you don't use shock extensions your shocks are going to about at the max sitting at ride height so you wont have much if any droop at all.

David

KJ_CJtoJK

Thanks guys and I got a 2.5'' and yes I got the brake extensions . Plus I do have a sport so do u guys think its worth just getting new shocks instead of the extensions

The stock shocks are different between the Sport and the Sport S. According to the jeep specifications, if the jeep came with 16" wheels, it will have low pressure gas-charged shocks. If it came with 17" or 18" wheels it will have the good Monotube high-pressure gas-charged shocks. I have a Sport S ( 17" wheels) and I'm happy with the factory shocks with my 1.75" lift and 35" tires.

Top Bottom