? New King Coilovers ?

HLKSMSH

So in my looking around on the interweb today I come across this pic of some reservoirs for some coilovers. Not sure if I missed something or not but I thought the current selection of King coilovers you could not tune by nob? So my question to you guys is are these a new style or what has been offered?

Attachments

• 10002978_631273926928325_464282152_n.jpg
    10002978_631273926928325_464282152_n.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 291

GCM 2

So in my looking around on the interweb today I come across this pic of some reservoirs for some coilovers. Not sure if I missed something or not but I thought the current selection of King coilovers you could not tune by nob? So my question to you guys is are these a new style or what has been offered?

Yes, King has offered these for quite some time now. In fact on the Discount Tire/Off Road Evolution EVOTJ race car we run a shock set up that utilizes this type of easy tuning directly on the reservoir

Last edited:

HLKSMSH

Yes, King has offered these for quite some time now. In fact on the Discount Tire/Off Road Evolution EVOTJ race car we run a shock set up that utilizes this type of easy tuning directly on the reservoir

Do you know if EVO has them as a option for the bolt on kit? IMO that would be the best way to go correct?

GCM 2

Do you know if EVO has them as a option for the bolt on kit? IMO that would be the best way to go correct?

I would pose that question to drew@offroadevolution, here on the forum. That is definitely something out of my lane.

As far as it being the best option, well that is kind of subjective. If you are really wanting to change the firmness or softness of your ride quite often, then maybe it would be an option for you. But from my own experience on a daily driver, you just don't need to adjust the ride firmness that often.

On the race car its a great option, because it allows us to quickly adjust how a car handles in different and changing track conditions while doing test laps or even during the race and also from race course to race course without having to completely change out coil spring rates

HLKSMSH

I would pose that question to drew@offroadevolution, here on the forum. That is definitely something out of my lane.

As far as it being the best option, well that is kind of subjective. If you are really wanting to change the firmness or softness of your ride quite often, then maybe it would be an option for you. But from my own experience on a daily driver, you just don't need to adjust the ride firmness that often.

On the race car its a great option, because it allows us to quickly adjust how a car handles in different and changing track conditions while doing test laps or even during the race and also from race course to race course without having to completely change out coil spring rates

GCM 2 thanks for the info man I am mainly interested in them due to the fact I could tune them some. My jeep is a daily driver but we love to pack up the family and go for a road trip/ camping/ wheeling weekends. That being said I was thinking they might be more suited for me being able to load up 500-600 pounds of gear drive unload and wheel and drive around on our weekend adventures. I am not 100% sure it would be best to get them or the standard coilover but in my head if they were adjustable it would be best. I will email drew and see what he says for anyone else wandering also Thanks again for the good info GCM 2

GCM 2

So check this out, if you are really interested in adjustability 'on the fly' look into Rancho RS9000XL shocks. These are not going to cost as much as the Kings, but are still a quality product, in fact they just recently won a shock test in an Overland Journal shock shoot out between some big name mfg's. I used to run Rancho's on my F350 Super Duty tow rig and they were really nice. The Wayalife forum even has a really great Rancho representative here, I would ask them some questions about your weight/cargo load ride and handling needs.

image-3061311461.jpg

image-2664180095.jpg

HLKSMSH

Ok update if anyone was wandering if you could get the coilovers with the bolt on kit that have been talked about in this thread. I just got word back that its not an option.

Top Bottom