Permanently attaching a tomahawk sheath on cabin, some Q's

jorgelrod

Hooked
I recently bought a CRKT Chogan Tomahawk and want to have it accessible in the cabin attached to the side of the transmission hump, I'm attaching a few pics. I guess my main questions is, is it safe to drill there self tapping screw or the like?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395972041.362321.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395972064.645890.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395972088.444371.jpg

Recommendations welcome...

Jorge

Beyrgut

Should be safe to screw through the tub just be sure to seal/paint the area afterwards. I would probably try and run it along the console and use 2 of these mounted to the console.

Ldogg

How do you like that tactical hawk? To bad it's to long to fit here on the door. I have MOLLE panels on both doors. I have been looking at these and a few others as well.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395973404.031803.jpg

I may put one on my tailgate.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395973468.063877.jpg

jorgelrod

Hooked
The hawk is amazing, just heavy enough and with an amazing edge out of the box, I thought about the door but the size and the fact that I want it to serve a secondary purpose of a fast response defensive tool has me seriously looking at the tub or center console...

rodgerdathug

Only thing might have me concerned is the five oh having a weapon close by.

Living it one day at a time
FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

Ldogg

Only thing might have me concerned is the five oh having a weapon close by.

FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

Why yes officer that's a tactical hawk, for when I need to chop wood on the trail.... Well yes an axe "would" be a better option but this looks much cooler. :)

rodgerdathug

Why yes officer that's a tactical hawk, for when I need to chop wood on the trail.... Well yes an axe "would" be a better option but this looks much cooler. :)

Seem easy to say but some officer aren't to kind about weapons and stuff like that just my two cents.

FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

JKDriver

I guess if they are concerned about the axe, they will really hate the guns....?

Not many CC in your area I take it? Here in the Redneck Riviera they just assume we are carrying. Hell, most trucks still have a gun rack in the rear window....

Leocon

I guess if they are concerned about the axe, they will really hate the guns....?

Not many CC in your area I take it? Here in the Redneck Riviera they just assume we are carrying. Hell, most trucks still have a gun rack in the rear window....

Same here, you dont have to advise them of CC during a traffic stop unless, asked...
out of courtesy, I hand them my CC permit with my DD :)

rodgerdathug

No I have my ccdw but I'm also from Ny living in ky I understand if something that's in arms reach that could be considered a weapon will be. I don't know every state laws and not all cops will make a hassle but there are the ones out there that will and it just doesn't end very well. I had a buddy hassled about a large wrench he use for the trailer ball.

FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

DKronk42

Ive been involved in a few traffic stops here in PA while carrying and i always give my carry permit over with my dl and inform the officer ahead of time. Ive found being honest with the cop upfront tends to put them in a more amicable disposition.

Top Bottom