Broken E Brake

desertrunner

while out in Moab earlier this week i got myself in a good flex pic opportunity, i pulled nice and hard on the E brake to make sure it didnt go anywhere and a loud pop came from under the center console and the E brake had no tension anymore. It wasnt too big of a deal i just ran the rest of the time without the E Brake but does anyone know what i might have done so i know what im getting into when i pull the center console out? and just so i know if im correct there is just the 4 bolts i need to remove (2 in front 2 in back) and it should come off? do i need to remove the 6 speed shift knob and T case knob as well?

Moochie

If you take the console totally off you have to reach under and disconnect the window switch wires. If you have power windows.

desertrunner

well i finally got around to fixing this and this is what i found

IMAG4810[1].jpg

I had the same thing happen that JK12 did in this thread http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=16062

went to the local stealership and ordered a new one (comes as the whole assembly) for $64 should be here in 2 days

it sure will be nice to have a parking break again especially with a 6 speed :rock:

Top Bottom