Shock advice

tonywjk

Have rubi shocks on my sport, they ride, as you know, very tight/stiff. My daily ride is all highway and along the way i do encounter regular road debris, construction plates, pot holes etc.. When i do hit them the jeep hits them like a brick. I dont want the soft ride i had with the OEM shocks but i do want a solid ride. Any suggestions for a somewhat in-between product??

Thanks!

aaronstephen

Look into the rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. You'll be able to tune them to your liking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

@noroad, question-mine isnt lifted, could i still use them?

They have ones that are the proper length for stock rigs. They are a stiffer shock when it comes to smaller bumps (bad road cracks) but they're awesome for all other conditions I've come across so far! By the way, I used google shopping link to order through quadratec, free shipping and no tax. At the time they also had the lowest advertised price on them.

noroad

They have ones that are the proper length for stock rigs. They are a stiffer shock when it comes to smaller bumps (bad road cracks) but they're awesome for all other conditions I've come across so far! By the way, I used google shopping link to order through quadratec, free shipping and no tax. At the time they also had the lowest advertised price on them.

These are not fox 2.0s from fox, they are bds tuned. They ride way different i have been in both!

I have Rancho RS9000 XL paired with the EVO Plush Ride coils and love them. One thing about the RS9000 XL is you can adjust them for the road and off road. Setting 1-3 are more on the OEM feel where the higher numbers will give you a stiffer ride. I have the front set at 3 and the rear set at 4 and the ride is comparable to the wife's luxury SUV.

Also I think Rancho has a rebate on shocks until the end of the month.

R/
Will

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

These are not fox 2.0s from fox, they are bds tuned. They ride way different i have been in both!

To clarify I was referring to Fox Racing Shox...not manipulated by any other company. My opinion/review based off my experience with the products I own.

Rideski

What tire pressure are you running? That could have an effect on the ride making the shocks feel too stiff.

Bacon

What tire pressure are you running? That could have an effect on the ride making the shocks feel too stiff.

This. I had my tires at 35psi for a while trying to maximize mpg. It was like having solid rubber bands arounds the wheels. I dropped it back down to about 28-29 and the ride is much more smooth and comfortable. And no noticeable difference in mpg either.

Top Bottom