Any experience with metal cloak??

moorecb3

So, Ive been pretty set on the evo enforcer kit here lately, I recently was at my local 4x4 shop and they have awesome deals on metal cloak products, does anyone have any experience with their lifts?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are a few guys on here that have it and will rave about it. Try doing a search. Most shops will push whatever they have in stock and/or make the most profit on but, if you're paying them to do work, you'll probably want to get whatever they push.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
i'm getting ready to to purchase a lift soon, and from the things i've seen , i'm far from impressed. :icon_crazy:

moorecb3

Ill search the forums and see what I can find! and are you planning on getting the metal cloak too?

olram30

Ill search the forums and see what I can find! and are you planning on getting the metal cloak too?

me? oh god no. probably going with a evo 3" enforcer to see if it fits my needs. then maybe next year step up to the evo bolt on coil overs.

moorecb3

One of the guys in the shop actually had the 3.5in metacloak system on his 4dr with 37s and he offered and took me on a ride in his jeep right when he brought up metalcloak. I thought it rode good, all i Know to compare it too is the 2.5in taraflex from my last jeep, which I was not happy with.

TheStick

I just installed a basic version so can't really comment until I get some miles under it.

A couple things so far.

Lift height was pretty much dead on to advertised. Not higher, not lower.

The rear track bar bracket is crazy high as others have noticed as well. I haven't noticed a ride problem from it, but it didn't perfectly center my rear axle.

I am happy with on road ride so far.

The guys are very helpful so any questions just call them. They are right down the street from my work which is a big reason I decided to give them a shot.

I am curious on this "great deal." They aren't a product where you see many sales. What are they offering?

moorecb3

Here is the exact parts list from the printout from the shop
-3.5in metal clock coil springs (4)
-bilstein 5100 front and rear
-front stay bar links
-rear swar bar links
-alignment cams
-bilstein steering stabalizer
-front adj track bar
-rear adj track bar
-front stainless steel break line
-rear stainless steel break lines

I think thats everything I feel like there is something I didn't get written down ill update if i remember the price was ~1200

olram30

Here is the exact parts list from the printout from the shop
-3.5in metal clock coil springs (4)
-bilstein 5100 front and rear
-front stay bar links
-rear swar bar links
-alignment cams
-bilstein steering stabalizer
-front adj track bar
-rear adj track bar
-front stainless steel break line
-rear stainless steel break lines

I think thats everything I feel like there is something I didn't get written down ill update if i remember the price was ~1200
you planning on running 37" tires? stay away from cam bolts,no need for a front steering stabilizer, no need for a rear adj track bar. this is a 4x4 shop?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously?? Your shop is really trying to push cam bolts on you?? Get the lift if you really want but for goodness sake, DO NOT install can bolts. Sure, they are a way to get your caster set for cheap but, if you wheel your jeep, they will give you grief in the future.

moorecb3

For right now 35s, but in the future a year or so down the road 37s, the adjustable rear track bar was my idea not his, prob 179 dollars i don't really need to spend, and to be honest with you I don't really know what the cams are

olram30

For right now 35s, but in the future a year or so down the road 37s, the adjustable rear track bar was my idea not his, prob 179 dollars i don't really need to spend, and to be honest with you I don't really know what the cams are

i would just run a 3" evo enforcer and throw in a drag link flip kit. and find another shop.

noroad

The rear adjustable track bar will not be a waste, I have a relocation braket on my 4.5 long arm but i can tell that it is about 1 inch to the passanger side still, but hey thats just me. It is an easy install so you might say install the lift and ride it for a bit if it doesnt look right then get one you can do that with basic tools, and a tap measure, thats what i have to do now!

moorecb3

Ohh I wasn't sure what cam bolts were, I actually noticed them on the print out after I left we didn't talk about them. When you say they correct your caster, thats the same thing that front lower control arms do correct? If so would getting the front lower control arms be better?

noroad

Ohh I wasn't sure what cam bolts were, I actually noticed them on the print out after I left we didn't talk about them. When you say they correct your caster, thats the same thing that front lower control arms do correct? If so would getting the front lower control arms be better?

Yes and yes!

olram30

There is no sometimes about it. It's because if shops like this, ones that push crap all in the name of making money that I started doing what I do now.

i agree, cant tell you how much money your write up's and this forum has saved me.:thumb:

TheStick

Yeah, skip the cams :eek:

Get some front arms instead. I doubt you are getting any "deal" on parts. With the front arms and bump stops that I don't see. Is the front track bar metal cloak as well? It doesn't say.

Top Bottom