2" coil spacers on '01 TJ SE

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Got a 2" spacer lift for my father-in-law's 2001 TJ SE. Do I need to worry about the driveshafts with a 2" lift? I've never lifted a TJ before. I'm more familiar with JKs. Any input would be appreciated.

Jiffy05

Got a 2" spacer lift for my father-in-law's 2001 TJ SE. Do I need to worry about the driveshafts with a 2" lift? I've never lifted a TJ before. I'm more familiar with JKs. Any input would be appreciated.

Not for only 2" of lift you won't have to worry about driveshafts.

Jiffy05

You won't really need to worry about a driveshaft. You may want to consider a SYE though but even that's not necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Roblaza

As Jiffy said, not needed but a nice thing to have. I'm running 4'' of lift and I have a SYE and shaft sitting here waiting to go in this weekend. The Vibes are liveable, but annoying. 2'' of lift, you'll be fine.

staud11

thinking of going 3.5 lift, will i need to worry about driveshaft?

I have about 3.75 of a lift and have minor vibes. I plan on installing an sye/cv kit this summer. You could always look into a TC drop if you get bad vibes. It would hold you over until you can install a sye and cv drive shaft. But if you do a TC drop, i'd try to get it off as soon as you could.

You will also need rear upper adjustable control arms to do a sye/cv kit...

Roblaza

I have about 3.75 of a lift and have minor vibes. I plan on installing an sye/cv kit this summer. You could always look into a TC drop if you get bad vibes. It would hold you over until you can install a sye and cv drive shaft. But if you do a TC drop, i'd try to get it off as soon as you could.

You will also need rear upper adjustable control arms to do a sye/cv kit...

also you may need rear shock relocation brackets as well as either an adjustable rear track bar with a heim or johnny joint at one or both ends of it, OR a cv style track bar relocation bracket

Top Bottom