Wat The Hell Did I just Experience???

Jay_r24

I was driving home on the highway from Venice Beach, Ca..top down, smiling and jamin to my music when suddenly I hit an uneven spot on the highway and I experienced an uncontrollable shake, felt like my front tires were about to fly off. I pulled over checked what I could and continued on home, It didn't happen again. Any idea of what this could be?? "Death Wobble"????

Sent from Junior's Iphone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkuone

I was going down the highway last week in my big rig, When a lill older lady came up the right lane in a older TJ. She hit a bump the left front wheel started shaking so bad, I thought it was coming off. She slowed way down few mins later here she came all good. She must of known what was happening DW. She looked calm as ever. Ha !

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I had a few spots driving home that I knew it was going to happen when I had Duratracs. Once I got trail grapplers and a new steering stabilizer it seemed to go away. I'm guessing it was the stabilizer that did the trick. (or just mask the problem after clicking on the above link after posting)

Last edited:

bigtrucker52

Death wobble more than likely. It happened to me a few months ago on the way home from school one day even though i'm still stock and i instantly knew what it was so i slowed down from 50 mph at the time to like 30-40mph and it stopped after like 3 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As everyone else has already mentioned, sounds like you had an episode of death wobble. The link posted up will help you to address it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I had a few spots driving home that I knew it was going to happen when I had Duratracs. Once I got trail grapplers and a new steering stabilizer it seemed to go away. I'm guessing it was the stabilizer that did the trick. (or just mask the problem after clicking on the above link after posting)

A new SS will not solve the problem. :grayno:

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
A new SS will not solve the problem. :grayno:

I posted before I read that write up. I was actually in the processes of ordering some axle shafts so I added ball joints and a new track bar. This site, as always, has a lot of good information. Looks like I have some work to do once I get home.

Top Bottom