rock-track rubi t-case installed!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
A few weeks back I was fortunate to find a used rubi t-case. Swapped it out for my x transfer case last weekend. That hardest part was getting to the bolts on top of t-case VERY TIGHT space. I'm doing a write-up on the swap but I wanted to posts a few pics. Haven't had a chance to take it off road yet but I can't wait to try out the 4:1 :rock:
first two shots compare the two transfer cases. one on the left is the Rubi rock-trac

_MG_1441.jpg _MG_1443.jpg _MG_1457.jpg _MG_1505.jpg

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I like it! If you don't mind me asking what'd you pick that up for? And I will be watching for the write up, definitely want to upgrade t-case of I come across a Rubi.

GCM 2

That is a very cool upgrade! You will be amazed at the 4:1 ratio capabilities. This is one of the greatest things that jeep did for the JK Rubicon.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is a very cool upgrade! You will be amazed at the 4:1 ratio capabilities. This is one of the greatest things that jeep did for the JK Rubicon.

agreed! i know a lot of folks find it hard to believe but, we still run a factory rubi t-case in our white jk and don't really feel the need to replace it.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I like it! If you don't mind me asking what'd you pick that up for? And I will be watching for the write up, definitely want to upgrade t-case of I come across a Rubi.

Don't mind at all. Paid $750 for it which from what i've seen is a good deal. Guy told me it only had 5000 miles on it. Should have front drive shaft back on this weekend and hoping to take it for a spin. One step closer in my build.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
nmwranglerx said:
Don't mind at all. Paid $750 for it which from what i've seen is a good deal. Guy told me it only had 5000 miles on it. Should have front drive shaft back on this weekend and hoping to take it for a spin. One step closer in my build.

Very cool. Maybe I should make a couple of calls to local shops and wrecking yards for t-cases. Thanks!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
agreed! i know a lot of folks find it hard to believe but, we still run a factory rubi t-case in our white jk and don't really feel the need to replace it.

good to know. I was thinking of going the Atlas route unless I found a really good deal on a rubi t-case. it just came down to budget. i need the money for axle upgrade (going prorock) and arb lockers so I ended up spending a little less on the t-case option.

Top Bottom