Smittybilt Spare Tire Relocator

Kilroy

Hey all:standing wave:

I was wondering to save money (for Now) is this OK to put a 35" tire on(Smittybilt Spare Tire Relocator)? I will be on road only for now but when i do decide to start taking it off road I will have a whole new bumper. My other thought would be TeraFlex Heavy Duty Hinged Carrier & Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit any thoughts on this also as I may go that way to? Just worried about the hinges they look week.

jeeeep

Hooked
if you are running your stock wheels you will need a spacer - be sure to get a hub centric spacer like Spidertrax (1.5" should do it).

I have my 35 on the stock carrier for the last 3 years no issues on or offroad, just make sure it's tight against the tailgate - I do have 4.5" backspace on my wheels

Chattinfarms

Why do you need a hub centric spacer on the spare? There is no hub. I run hub centric adapter but they are not wheel centric on the road everyday without it and no problems. I just don't believe this centric is all it's made up to be IMHO

Sent from the business end of my jeep

jeeeep

Hooked
Why do you need a hub centric spacer on the spare? There is no hub. I run hub centric adapter but they are not wheel centric on the road everyday without it and no problems. I just don't believe this centric is all it's made up to be IMHO

Sent from the business end of my jeep

just in case you need to actually use it...

Top Bottom