AC air filter/cabin filter

Brankz

My AC is smelling funky so I pop the glovebox and I see no filter what I do some FBI go0gleing and they say that jks don't have the cabin filter?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
My AC is smelling funky so I pop the glovebox and I see no filter what I do some FBI go0gleing and they say that jks don't have the cabin filter?

I know when I bought my '12, cabin filter was an option on Sahara's and Rubicons. You most likely won't notice a smell from not having a filter. The smell you're experiencing is most likely from condensation that has dried up in the air box and on the evaporator and left behind mildew. The smell may go away after using the a/c more often. The only fix is to replace or clean the evaporator and clean out the air box while it's apart.

Brankz

I know when I bought my '12, cabin filter was an option on Sahara's and Rubicons. You most likely won't notice a smell from not having a filter. The smell you're experiencing is most likely from condensation that has dried up in the air box and on the evaporator and left behind mildew. The smell may go away after using the a/c more often. The only fix is to replace or clean the evaporator and clean out the air box while it's apart.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Yup, AC filters are standard only when you get the auto climate control. Stupid, but hey...it's chrysler.

LeJerk

There are a few videos or writeups about how to take a regular engine air filter (or 2) and pop it into the space where it will filter the cabin air like the others do.

Top Bottom