Traction light need help!

cv3

On my way to get an alignment from getting upper and lower front and rear control arms and adjustable track bar. The wheel was way off center throwing the traction control light to stay on. Now it's all dialed in and the light is on still. Will it go out on its own or do I have to get it cleared? It's had about five or six short runs(10 mins or so) and still on. The wheel is dead center. Thanks in advance for your help.

cv3

I am happy to say after a longer drive tonight the light has gone out. Thank you both for your quick responses. These are the moments that remind me why I joined this great forum.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
it went out on its own?

damnit!

when i bought my jeep the steering wheel was a little off center, nothing i was too worried about and was planning on getting it centered eventually. but one day i was driving home from work and my ABS and Traction Control lights came on. Took it into the dealership and they said its because my steering wheel was too far off center and was telling my computer i was turning when i was actually going straight.
They said that in order to turn the lights off i needed to re-calibrate my computer... which resulted in my baby spending the night at the dealership and $190 later i got to take her home.

jeeeep

Hooked
it went out on its own?

damnit!

when i bought my jeep the steering wheel was a little off center, nothing i was too worried about and was planning on getting it centered eventually. but one day i was driving home from work and my ABS and Traction Control lights came on. Took it into the dealership and they said its because my steering wheel was too far off center and was telling my computer i was turning when i was actually going straight.
They said that in order to turn the lights off i needed to re-calibrate my computer... which resulted in my baby spending the night at the dealership and $190 later i got to take her home.

:doh: yeah they got you, once it's centered it'll go out on it's own. I've seen take a few miles and restarts before it goes off but it will.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
:doh: yeah they got you, once it's centered it'll go out on it's own. I've seen take a few miles and restarts before it goes off but it will.

is this with the ABS and Traction light?

and what is the whole Re-calibrate my computer talk then? is that even a real thing?

jeeeep

Hooked
is this with the ABS and Traction light?

and what is the whole Re-calibrate my computer talk then? is that even a real thing?

In my experience and I've had both lights on in the process of doing upgrades, the lights went out on their own, ABS took a little longer (it went out the next day) but i didn't notice any issues.

dealer re-calibrate computer IMO is just their way of saying they disconnected your ground - which resets the computer and will make the lights go out. it needs to stay disconnected for a min of 15 minutes.

There is the possibility they may have had an actual service bulletin to perform an upgrade but they usually don't charge for those or...if you have larger than stock tires they may have flashed the unit for the larger tires..that they charge for.

Top Bottom