Transmission and engine coolant temps

Ldogg

I have an 08 rubicon that I bought used, and I am not sure if I have a tranny cooler built in. just added 35's and with the superchips traildash I see the ECT get up to 210, and the TFT get up to 160. the TFT would get there even before the 35's. the Engine temp needle doesn't move on the dash once it gets to the center but I want to make sure before it gets warm this summer that if I need to address anything I do it now. Would a louvered hood (AEV) help at all with the ECT? also if I don't have a tranny cooler, is the PSC one easy to install? if I turn the AC on the ECT does drop as the fan kicks on, and it usually sits at 197 unless I am sitting at a light with no airflow. I did put billet grill inserts in, and my zeon sits infront of the grill, and isn't between the frame rails, but it was this way prior to most of that. it's just a little hotter now.

Rottenbelly

My engine temps run 224-227 going up the mountians and tranny hovers at 204 with a 6.5 inch fan running on the auxillary tranny cooler. Mine runs 194-199 on average gojng down the road.
Fan kicks on at 215 for radiator and off at 199. I wish it came on earlier. I might change out to a adjustable one if I can find the wire that turns the fan on with the ac.
Hood vents help cool faster when the fan kicks on. It cycles alot shorter than it used too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom