front & rears seats

t2pto

hello,
just a couple of queries,
i have a '10 2dr jk.

rear seats- would the rear seats(40-60 config) of the 4dr jk fit into the 2dr jk?
reason being is for the 3rd person with 2 or 3 large baggage. with the rear seats
folded- it becomes a 2 seater.

front seats- what is the possibility of adjusting the front seats to move further forward?
is there an such equipment to attach to the seat rails/guide. it is rather difficult to get and
out.

any suggestions will be definitely appreciated.

thank you.

K9wells

Trailer love the 2D and would not trade it for a 4D but will be getting a small trailer or they sell racks that go into the hitch and you can strap luggage down.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Someday I want to make the smaller side of the 4dr rear seats work by itself to make a "jump seat" for the occasional 3rd person I take along with me.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You can't do it. I have a seat from a four door and it won't work. The seats are too tall for the back and if the persons head is above the bottom of the headrest it'll hit the top.

The best option is to get a spare rear seat (or yours if you don't mind cutting it) and cut it in half. Then cut the fabric down to where you can tuck it under the seat and make it look nice. Shorten the factory mount and weld a new footmans loop to the tub. I did this with the bench seat in my old truck to make buckets and it worked perfect. If I can find a rear seat from a 2 door that isn't insanely price I plan to do it as soon as possible.

noroad

you could always fab a new custom seat braket that is lower and the seat might work that way but going to take some time!

Chevy Dave

I have a rear sear from a 2014 2dr that I pulled out less than 24 hours after buying the vehicle. If anyone is interested I can be talked out of it. Just sitting in my room with magazines stacked on it. Brand new located in western Wisconsin. Pm me if anyone wants it!
/ threadjack

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
you could always fab a new custom seat braket that is lower and the seat might work that way but going to take some time!

Nope. The seats are higher. If you look at the tub it dips down. I cut all the brackets off the seats and it was still too high. The tub is higher in the back of the 2 door.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a rear sear from a 2014 2dr that I pulled out less than 24 hours after buying the vehicle. If anyone is interested I can be talked out of it. Just sitting in my room with magazines stacked on it. Brand new located in western Wisconsin. Pm me if anyone wants it!
/ threadjack

I would love it but shipping would kill the deal.

noroad

Nope. The seats are higher. If you look at the tub it dips down. I cut all the brackets off the seats and it was still too high. The tub is higher in the back of the 2 door.

could always add just one of these guys for a 3 seater jeep!

http://www.jcwhitney.com/garage-pro-low-back-seats/p2014740.jcwx?filterid=c3380j4

or

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Interior-Pa...yl.aspx?t_c=9&t_s=418&t_pt=3921&t_pn=S/B44801

or

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Interior-Pa...aspx?t_c=9&t_s=418&t_pt=3921&t_pn=BST39429-01

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was thinking a fold up seat like in a truck, but that was more of an emergency seat than one Id take someone on a wheeling trip with. My one friend used to just sit in the back since he didn't care when we would run for food.

Top Bottom