Heated seats in a sport!

noroad

Who has added heated seats to your sport, I am thinking about doing this to mine! Any pics, install tips, and product advice is great!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I believe they are plug n play and can get the kits from Quadretec but, I would search Amazon for better deals

noroad

I believe they are plug n play and can get the kits from Quadretec but, I would search Amazon for better deals

Ya i have seen the one on quadretec but wow thats a big price, not trying to be cheap but real not about to drop that i just need simple heat lol!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I hear you there. I have seen some inexpensive kits and hope some members chime and help you out. I will post if I find something.:thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I feel like I saw someone on here get seats from amazon and add them to their sport. If I can find it in a search I will post it

Sent from my iPhone

noroad

its cool i was surfing amazon and fond one i like with good reviews just pulled the trigger here on tuesday! Thanks for the help just wanted to be sure other people had done this!

Mikes Offroad

My kids got me the one from Amazon if I recall. It was the Mopar plug and play one, I think it was a little more than the others buthaving it plug into all factory plugs really is nice. The nice thing is you can place the pads where you want when installing. Not sure on the others but my kit gets nice and hot and when it is -40c outside its nice. If it matters mine is a 2007 Rubi

gyoja75

My kids got me the one from Amazon if I recall. It was the Mopar plug and play one, I think it was a little more than the others buthaving it plug into all factory plugs really is nice. The nice thing is you can place the pads where you want when installing. Not sure on the others but my kit gets nice and hot and when it is -40c outside its nice. If it matters mine is a 2007 Rubi

I installed that kit on my 2010. I had no problems out of it for three years.

"Sua Sponte"

squigmang

I just installed a universal kit off of ebay in my 2010 Rubi. It was only about $40, came with all the necessary wiring, switches, and relays. It was a simple install if you have basic electrical knowledge.
my only complaint is it takes about 5 mins to heat up, but for $40 can I actually complain? It does get hot enough that I have to turn it off.
It is a nice addition, especially with the leather seats. The install was about 2 hours for the first seat and 1 hour for the second.

noroad

I just installed a universal kit off of ebay in my 2010 Rubi. It was only about $40, came with all the necessary wiring, switches, and relays. It was a simple install if you have basic electrical knowledge.
my only complaint is it takes about 5 mins to heat up, but for $40 can I actually complain? It does get hot enough that I have to turn it off.
It is a nice addition, especially with the leather seats. The install was about 2 hours for the first seat and 1 hour for the second.

Sweet thats nice to hear any trips on taking the seat cover off!

pvanweelden

I have had this universal kit in my tj (front and rear seats) for 4 years, no issues- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7356ff19&vxp=mtr.
I just added the same kit to my jkur.

The kit has a 5 position switch instead of just low or high.
You need 12 volts constant- NoRoad- you could use an empty fuse on your diy spod.
12 volts switched- left cigaretter lighter
Illumination- orange with gray stripe at power window switch
Ground.

on both my jeeps, I have neoprene seat covers, I just pull the seat covers off and install the elements to the inside of the seat covers.

noroad

I have had this universal kit in my tj (front and rear seats) for 4 years, no issues- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibe...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7356ff19&vxp=mtr.
I just added the same kit to my jkur.

The kit has a 5 position switch instead of just low or high.
You need 12 volts constant- NoRoad- you could use an empty fuse on your diy spod.
12 volts switched- left cigaretter lighter
Illumination- orange with gray stripe at power window switch
Ground.

on both my jeeps, I have neoprene seat covers, I just pull the seat covers off and install the elements to the inside of the seat covers.

Ya i got that one! im going to run a small fuse right off the battary/or my spod, and just run new wire all the way to it and back to the battery, any things to keep in mind when taking the seat cover off, did you take the seat apart into two parts?

pvanweelden

I didn't take the seats apart- I have aftermarket seat covers. I installed the heating elements inside the aftermarket cover, and then put the cover back on the seats. Takes 5 minutes per seat :thumb:

Top Bottom