Dash Removal & Custom Mount

leximann

So this might totally be a noob question but before I go pulling anything off, I wanna make sure I'm doing it the right way. This being said, how do I remove the dash, specifically the radio and faceplate? I'm planning on making a custom mount for my iPad mini with a single din head unit below, using some fiberglass, Bondo, etc.
The red would be the iPad and white the head unit.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396571831.011190.jpg

Serg5000

I believe the plastic your referring to just snaps in to place. I have an 08 and it just clips in.

you will have to remove the screw in the top tray. In the cubby below the stereo is another screw. Using a plastic trip tool pop out the cubby and you will see the mount screw. Use a 7mm socket to remove that screw. A phillips screw driver will remove the top two in the tray. Gently and I mean gently pry the sides of the dash away using a plastic trim tool.

If you have a harbor freight you can pick up a set. It is a very wise investment. Here is a video that might help.

R/
Will

leximann

you will have to remove the screw in the top tray. In the cubby below the stereo is another screw. Using a plastic trip tool pop out the cubby and you will see the mount screw. Use a 7mm socket to remove that screw. A phillips screw driver will remove the top two in the tray. Gently and I mean gently pry the sides of the dash away using a plastic trim tool.

If you have a harbor freight you can pick up a set. It is a very wise investment. Here is a video that might help.

R/
Will

Gotcha, I just found 2 more on either side of my setting column. The trim tools were a great investment!

lostinkorea

Id check out the ram mount add ons from both carolina metal masters and vector offroad. Both can mount your ipads and displays you might be going out of your way and causing you way to much work or aomething is alrewdy offered as a bolt on option. Cmm has a sweet grab handle with ram mount built in. So nice. Then just put your ipad on it with a compatible ram mount.

Lik

Sent from my SHV-E310L using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom