Tire advice

Forever jeep95

I am looking at getting some new tires for my 1995 yj. 33 12.50 15 is the size I need. I was looking at either the Duratrac or the nitto trail grappler. I had the duratracs on my 87 dodge raider and they performed pretty good and in the snow they were amazing. My dad has the trail grapplers on his truck and they seem to have been a pretty good tire and I like the look of them a little better. I am hoping to get tires within the next week or so. Any advice or other suggestions would be great!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
duratracs are good in the snow and if that is a priority, i might still recommend them. however, with all the awesome trails you have in utah, i would have to say that nitto trail grapplers would be a better tire to go with as they'll perform exceptionally well on the rocks you have.

Forever jeep95

wayoflife said:
duratracs are good in the snow and if that is a priority, i might still recommend them. however, with all the awesome trails you have in utah, i would have to say that nitto trail grapplers would be a better tire to go with as they'll perform exceptionally well on the rocks you have.

Yeah that is kind of what I was thinking. I was hoping to make it out to Moab for EJS next spring so I will probably get the trail grappler then! Also how do they do in mud? Not that I'll be looking mud or anything but my jeep is my hunting/exploring rig and we tend to run into some pretty nasty mud occasionally! Thanks for the advice!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that is kind of what I was thinking. I was hoping to make it out to Moab for EJS next spring so I will probably get the trail grappler then! Also how do they do in mud? Not that I'll be looking mud or anything but my jeep is my hunting/exploring rig and we tend to run into some pretty nasty mud occasionally! Thanks for the advice!

they actually do amazingly well in mud. off road evolution and nitto just took our our vengeance JK out on the ultimate adventure and rocked the mud with trail grapplers...

480615_10150979824428971_1405239664_n.jpg

Forever jeep95

wayoflife said:
they actually do amazingly well in mud. off road evolution and nitto just took our our vengeance JK out on the ultimate adventure and rocked the mud with trail grapplers...

Ah I totally forgot that those are the tires on vengence! I saw all the pictures Mel put on facebook from UA. Well my mind has been made up! I ordered them and they should be here by Wednesday next week!

Top Bottom