Wheel Spacers 5on5 to 8on6.5

Dashyl

hi everybody!!

So this may be a really silly question but I really really REALLY like the ATX Slab Wheels, eventually I want to go to PR60's front and rear with a 8x6.5 bolt pattern. Instead of getting a set of wheels now in 5on5 and then getting another set in a few years when I go to 60's would it be possible to just run an adapter? If so does anyone know of anyone who makes them? Thanks for the help!!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
hi everybody!!

So this may be a really silly question but I really really REALLY like the ATX Slab Wheels, eventually I want to go to PR60's front and rear with a 8x6.5 bolt pattern. Instead of getting a set of wheels now in 5on5 and then getting another set in a few years when I go to 60's would it be possible to just run an adapter? If so does anyone know of anyone who makes them? Thanks for the help!!

just sell your rims when the time comes. the slabs already have 3.5 back spacing. then add another 1.5 might be too much.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
5 lug to 8 lug? I wouldn't do it. You don't need to get 60's in 8 lug. You can get them in 5 on 5.5 if you want and get the slabs now in 5 on 5 and run an adaptor.

StrizzyChris

There's a company called BORA adapters that makes a 5on5 to 8on6.5 adapter but they are much thicker than a spidertrac spacer due to it being a 2 piece design. It ultimately would make your 3.5" backspacing wheels almost 0 backspacing and thats less than desireable.

To run thses type of adapters it also requires you to cut your stock studs down to 1" or even slightly less. They are also around $450 +/- depending on the deals you can find. If you are seriously considerinng doing the adapter then a 1ton dynatrac axle, Id consider a wheel with less backspacing and then order your axle slightly wider to reuse those wheels.

I was seriously considering doing this as well and decided against it due to the stress that this would place on stock BJs and axle with that little of BS.

IF you ultimately decide to buy a set of 8on6.5 slabs, I have a brand new set I'd sell you for a good price.

Top Bottom