DEAD JEEP - 2014 JK - Superchips Flashpaq Disaster

D1EHARD

So I purchased a Flashpaq back at the beginning of March in hopes of tuning my 2014 JK. I receive the Flashpaq and get to tuning and find out that my Jeep's config is too new and they don't have a tune for it yet. So, no biggie, I wait. And wait some more. So they tell me today that they now have an update for my Jeep and to update my tuner using their software and then program the Jeep. I do as they say, and it doesn't work. Same crap, different error. Error message E-55 this time, whatever that means. I try to crank the Jeep afterwards and it does nothing. All I get are lights. Will not turn over. Dead. Superchips killed my Jeep with less than 2,000 miles on it. They close shop at 5:00 eastern, so I have a dead Jeep until I can call them on Monday. Eric at Northridge4x4 tried to help out and I'm taking his advice by disconnecting the battery for a while, hoping to clear the data. I feel horrible.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

So I purchased a Flashpaq back at the beginning of March in hopes of tuning my 2014 JK. I receive the Flashpaq and get to tuning and find out that my Jeep's config is too new and they don't have a tune for it yet. So, no biggie, I wait. And wait some more. So they tell me today that they now have an update for my Jeep and to update my tuner using their software and then program the Jeep. I do as they say, and it doesn't work. Same crap, different error. Error message E-55 this time, whatever that means. I try to crank the Jeep afterwards and it does nothing. All I get are lights. Will not turn over. Dead. Superchips killed my Jeep with less than 2,000 miles on it. They close shop at 5:00 eastern, so I have a dead Jeep until I can call them on Monday. Eric at Northridge4x4 tried to help out and I'm taking his advice by disconnecting the battery for a while, hoping to clear the data. I feel horrible.

This is why I am going with the FlashCal only...I hope the reset works for you man!! :beer:

ponyrt

Wow. That's crazy. Sorry to hear that. I have a 2012 with a flashcal that I updated to the flashpaq version. Had some issues with it not loading at first but it ironed itself out after a second run with the update software. Good luck and hopefully a quick fix..

tennesseegator

This is really strange. I have a 14 and had no issues flashing mine a week ago. I hope you get it figured out. :(

Edit: which flashpaq do you have? I have the 3870 but there is a newer one floating around, the 3872.

Last edited:

D1EHARD

This is really strange. I have a 14 and had no issues flashing mine a week ago. I hope you get it figured out. :(

Edit: which flashpaq do you have? I have the 3870 but there is a newer one floating around, the 3872.

I have the new one. The 3872. Supposedly compatible with 14 JK's. It is definitely not compatible with mine. :doh:

D1EHARD

Update:

I had to ship out my PCM to them Monday night. Overnight Fedex on their dime. They were quick with my PCM. They received it yesterday, fixed it, and overnighted back to me. I received it today before lunch and I installed it and the Jeep fired up. Huge relief off my back. So their customer service is definitely top notch. I really wanted the programmer to work, but I am not going to try again.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Update:

I had to ship out my PCM to them Monday night. Overnight Fedex on their dime. They were quick with my PCM. They received it yesterday, fixed it, and overnighted back to me. I received it today before lunch and I installed it and the Jeep fired up. Huge relief off my back. So their customer service is definitely top notch. I really wanted the programmer to work, but I am not going to try again.

did you happen to ask them about swapping the one you have for the older model (3870) since we know the older one works on a few other users jeeps?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I didn't. Honestly I probably will never try again.

what i would do then (and this is just me) is see if they will exchange it for a flashcal then and give you your money back for the difference if you worried abbout it. that way you can still get your tire size right for your speedo/shift points, and for if you regear you get the ratio right.

i know when i got the flashpaq for my 2011 i was worried since i have a different ECU from the 07-10 crowd and from the 12+ group as well. i have the older model and it works great.

suicideking

I'm sure you'll want to flash it to correct tire size, but understand if you're a little apprehensive. If you don't want to use the same brand, maybe try an AEV Procal.

D1EHARD

I'm sure you'll want to flash it to correct tire size, but understand if you're a little apprehensive. If you don't want to use the same brand, maybe try an AEV Procal.

Does the AEV ProCal allow you to disable TPMS and get rid of the annoying light?

suicideking

Does the AEV ProCal allow you to disable TPMS and get rid of the annoying light?

Yes, plus many other features. The newest version even allows for a tranfercase swap (if you have a Sport and put in a Rubi TC). I have my TPMS disabled, programmed for tire size, and have used the center steering wheel function many times. The full feature list in on the AEV site.

Beyrgut

Sure does. Out of curiosity why didn't you send your device with your PCM and have them program it? It might have helped them determine the cause too so no one else gets a buggy one.

D1EHARD

Sure does. Out of curiosity why didn't you send your device with your PCM and have them program it? It might have helped them determine the cause too so no one else gets a buggy one.

Oh I did send the device. They required me to send it. I believe they had to have it to recover my stock file.

Top Bottom