Alloy USA 11800 kit

Rebel JK

Anyone seen these on amazon? One of the reviews said the lowers didn't work on rigs built in the states but did on ones hencho in Mexico. The price seems almost too good so figured I'd ask around.

Alloy USA 11800 Upper/Lower Ball Joint Kit for Jeep Wrangler/Grand Cherokee - 4 Piece
by Alloy USA
7 customer reviews
List Price:$220.99
Price:$149.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save:$71.00 (32%)
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Want it Monday, April 7? Order within 16 hrs 13 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Heavy duty ball joint kit.- includes 2 upper and 2 lower ball joints
Made from SAE 4120 and 4140 heat treated high grade steel
Zerk grease fitting allows for continued maintenance
Ball joints can be greased after installation
Kits feature threaded preload system for prolonged ball joint life and precise steering
› See more product details
24 new from $140.73

Eugene the Jeep

I just finished installing a set I purchased through amazon warehouse deals. this is where amazon sells returned items. they have a set for $118.00 on there now, the set I received was complete in the original box, one of the joint bags was open but all the accessories were in the kit .

http://www.amazon.com/Alloy-USA-118...=UTF8&qid=1396735845&sr=1-19&keywords=jeep+jk

Go to Advanced Auto Parts for the ball joint kit, it comes with all the adapters you will need. they loan you the tool, they charge $180.00 plus tax and refund the charge when you bring to tool back

Rebel JK

Thanks guys. Will order up soon. Found out today a bunch of MasterCard #'s were compromised, of course ours may be included. It's only about the 5th freakin time. Eugene great call on the advance auto tool. Better than buying the 70$ harbor freight one for now.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks guys. Will order up soon. Found out today a bunch of MasterCard #'s were compromised, of course ours may be included. It's only about the 5th freakin time. Eugene great call on the advance auto tool. Better than buying the 70$ harbor freight one for now.

I have the harbor freight one and it worked great after I broke the rented tool.

Eugene the Jeep

here's a pic of the one from advance auto

attachment.php

Rebel JK

I have the harbor freight one and it worked great after I broke the rented tool.

That may be the way to go if you had good luck with it. Could use it for rebuilding JJ style ends too I would think with the right combo of adapters or sockets.

Rebel JK

Got my kit today and my question was answered as to how the lower joint is greasable with so little room around the knuckle. Comes with a needle fitting for anyone else wondering. Need to pick up a new tip for the old gun.

ForumRunner_20140408_161711.jpg

Top Bottom