Fr/ axle seal d30

jkuone

Can someone tell me the proper procedure how to change front axle seal on my d30 ! 2013 jku axle tubes are sleeved also
Thanks....

jkuone

Can someone tell me the proper procedure how to change front axle seal on my d30 ! 2013 jku axle tubes are sleeved also
Thanks....

Could one of the great Moderators, or Eddie chime in please ! I'm thinking I need to pull the carrier ??

UtahJK

Could one of the great Moderators, or Eddie chime in please ! I'm thinking I need to pull the carrier ??

I'm not a moderator, but yes you have to remove the carrier.

Sent from my VS840 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

HLKSMSH

^^^ what he said its not a hard job if you put everything back in just the same way it came out. Also you might have to build your own tool to press them in.

jkuone

Hey thanks a bunch guys, that's what I kinda figured. I bought a install tool from Napa. Wish I had a lift, getting to old to be crawling around on the garage floor....lol...:rock:

Tcdawg

jkuone said:
Hey thanks a bunch guys, that's what I kinda figured. I bought a install tool from Napa. Wish I had a lift, getting to old to be crawling around on the garage floor....lol...:rock:
Let's see a pic if that install tool? I made one from all thread and washers. My biggest issue was finding washers that would fit the tube interior diameter.

Put some RTV on the outside of the new seals before you press them in. Helps fill any small gaps between the tube and the seal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom