Help... I fubared a lift

Jabester

Here is my predicament.... I had 2.5" coils and went to 4wheel parts to have the teraflex speed bumpsfront and rear installed. They initially said that my 2.5" springs would work then called during the job to say they will not and they would put on another set of springs... they did and they are 4" springs.

Now...I do have adjustable front and rear Full traction track bars and straightened that part out.

1. I do not want my 2013 Jk 2dr Rubicon that high.

2. if I kept that height, I am looking at an expense that I do not need. ie; front and rear drive shafts, adjustable upper and lower control arms front and rear.

What I simply wanted was to put the fox 2.0 terraflex kit as well as the speedbumps, I want to keep the factory control arms.

My questions are this,

Will 3" coils work for this?

Are the 3" Evo Plush coils actual 3" on a 2DR?

Will I need control arms with the 3" coils to do the job right?

Do I need all 8 control arms?

Will I need rear drive shaft?

Will replacing the front drive shaft be the right decision for 3" lift?

Also, I am installing 35 / 1250 / R15 BFG KM2's next week. I will have 4.10 backspacing on my wheels.

. I did all the research and messuring before I made the decision to intall the Terraflex fox and Speedbump set up. from my measurements they would work but I was sold that they would not.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated and Helpful.

I do not want to dump another $2500 at this... I am looking at about $1000. Also need your suggestions on the sway bar links...should I get fixed front and new rear or simply use the stock rear on the front for 3".

I do know that the teraflex 2.5" springs are actually 3" on a 2DR.

Thank you for helping me with my Fubar!!!

Please help!!! I do not want to run too long with this in my head!! I am losing sleep over it!!

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Only 3"? I would have expected TF springs to get you closer to 4" on a 2-door. Their springs are stiff, and tall.

I hate to drop this bomb on you, but you should really think about scrapping the TF stuff. Those cans of plastic/foam (speed bumps) don't get it done.

If you want to stay low, scrap the TF and get the Rancho kit. It will serve its purpose and won't break the bank.

BadApple

I run the 3 inch Plush rides on my 2 dr. I have no extra weight added i.e heavy bumpers, winches etc, I got right at 4 inches of lift out of them.

TheDuff

If you want something like the speed bumps that actually work AND won't require additional lift, than look at the king hydro bumpstops. They really work and DO NOT require extra lift, due to Their mounting style vs the tf speed bumps.... you can thank me later:beer:
Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jabester

If you want something like the speed bumps that actually work AND won't require additional lift, than look at the king hydro bumpstops. They really work and DO NOT require extra lift, due to Their mounting style vs the tf speed bumps.... you can thank me later:beer:
Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welll... geez....thanks! I already have the Teraflex speedbumps installed.... I do not want to start over with that... my questions we not about the speedbumps...they are about the coils and everything else.

I looked into the king set up. just opted for the teraflex due to maintence..... I am not gonna race this jeep....

noroad

My questions are this,

Will 3" coils work for this? I dont see why not!

Are the 3" Evo Plush coils actual 3" on a 2DR? You would prob get more then 3 inchs on a 2dr maybe a owner will jump in as to the true amount. i would say closer to 3.5 or 4

Will I need control arms with the 3" coils to do the job right? do you need no, do you want yes will help with the cast angle of the axle

Do I need all 8 control arms? No you can just start with some adjustables 2 in the front 2 in the back! :brows:

Will I need rear drive shaft? on a two door im thinking you need both front and back 1310 drive shafts for the 35s will be ok

Will replacing the front drive shaft be the right decision for 3" lift? ^^^^ yes

Also, I am installing 35 / 1250 / R15 BFG KM2's next week. I will have 4.10 backspacing on my wheels. should be all good here

Jabester

My questions are this,

Will 3" coils work for this? I dont see why not!

Are the 3" Evo Plush coils actual 3" on a 2DR? You would prob get more then 3 inchs on a 2dr maybe a owner will jump in as to the true amount. i would say closer to 3.5 or 4

Will I need control arms with the 3" coils to do the job right? do you need no, do you want yes will help with the cast angle of the axle

Do I need all 8 control arms? No you can just start with some adjustables 2 in the front 2 in the back! :brows:

Will I need rear drive shaft? on a two door im thinking you need both front and back 1310 drive shafts for the 35s will be ok

Will replacing the front drive shaft be the right decision for 3" lift? ^^^^ yes

Also, I am installing 35 / 1250 / R15 BFG KM2's next week. I will have 4.10 backspacing on my wheels. should be all good here

Thank you very much. Now with the adjustables, ....should I get lower or upper first?

JKDriver

Did they use the right Speedbumps? Using that lift on a 2 door there should not have been an issue.Teraflex has a separate kit for under 3 inches of lift.

They are the regular Speedbump in front and just a modified version of the factory bump for the rear, using their foam.

f14a4596.jpg

I have mine on a RK 2.5 lift and they fit and work fine. They are a definite improvement over factory, but if I had to do it over, (which I actually will be doing soon...!) I would have gone with one of the other options already mentioned.
Don't get me wrong, they are a DEFINITE improvement over stock and the fronts work well. The rear in a 2.5 kit is lacking. I would have gone with another option there, plus they have no adjustability...

27acb7b8.jpg

b4982441.jpg

Jabester

Did they use the right Speedbumps? Using that lift on a 2 door there should not have been an issue.Teraflex has a separate kit for under 3 inches of lift.

They are the regular Speedbump in front and just a modified version of the factory bump for the rear, using their foam.

f14a4596.jpg

I have mine on a RK 2.5 lift and they fit and work fine. They are a definite improvement over factory, but if I had to do it over, (which I actually will be doing soon...!) I would have gone with one of the other options already mentioned.
Don't get me wrong, they are a DEFINITE improvement over stock and the fronts work well. The rear in a 2.5 kit is lacking. I would have gone with another option there, plus they have no adjustability...

27acb7b8.jpg

b4982441.jpg

I have the same up front but I have the "Blocks" in the back..... What do you guys recommend for control arms?

Dune Crawler

Evo plush rides on a 2DR with no weight add ons (bumper,winch,etc) will net you close to 3.75". hinrich has 3" coils look up hinrichs build and check out his rig to get an idea.

Life's a beach

Jabester

Evo plush rides on a 2DR with no weight add ons (bumper,winch,etc) will net you close to 3.75". hinrich has 3" coils look up hinrichs build and check out his rig to get an idea.

Life's a beach

Thank you everyone for your help. I will check it out all after Tuesday.. I am putting on the 35's and will see how it all looks and rides and go from there.... I may just do the front drive shaft first then go with the rear second, third will be Clayton arms.

Top Bottom