2014 jku

ACEsJK

Just bought the JKU a little less than a month ago and just put the first 1000 miles on the jeep. I remember reading somewhere that on a new jeep , the first Oil change should be done sooner than 3500 miles. Am I mistaken or is it truth. Also. Planning on running synthetic. 5-30 synthetic is perfect right? Thanks in advance guys

noroad

Just bought the JKU a little less than a month ago and just put the first 1000 miles on the jeep. I remember reading somewhere that on a new jeep , the first Oil change should be done sooner than 3500 miles. Am I mistaken or is it truth. Also. Planning on running synthetic. 5-30 synthetic is perfect right? Thanks in advance guys

Yes it is good to change the oil on new cars sooner then later on the first change, about 2500-3000 is what i did! reason being with the engine so new there could be small metal chips that could break off and damage its self, not a really common thing but i think its more of a just feeling safe that its done factor!

Kavanji

wow awesome as usual! :clap2::clap2::clap2::thumb:

worth every second of the wait and can probably only be toped by actually being there live.

little typo in the draw date of the shot glasses but its way after midnight so :beer:

DKronk42

wow awesome as usual! :clap2::clap2::clap2::thumb:

worth every second of the wait and can probably only be toped by actually being there live.

little typo in the draw date of the shot glasses but its way after midnight so :beer:

Wrong thread maybe?? o_O

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I've heard the same thing. I just turned over 12k on mine and have changed the oil religiously every 3k. I run dino oil but in any case you need to run 5w-20 in the new 2013+. I am a bit OCD so I check the oil cap underneath the hood every time, just to be sure. Hope this helps. :yup:

Sugarbear

I think I saw a bunch of people including Eddie (jump in if I'm wrong ) say they only run Dino oil and have more leaks with synthetic so as long as u keep up with it you don't need synth I my self also run Dino and never have an issue

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think I saw a bunch of people including Eddie (jump in if I'm wrong ) say they only run Dino oil and have more leaks with synthetic so as long as u keep up with it you don't need synth I my self also run Dino and never have an issue

That was when they were burning oil.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I went in at 3000 miles to get my free oil change at the dealer. However, several service guys told me to wait until 5000 miles. Something about letting the oil run its course. So I went back at 5000 and got my oil changed.

I'll probably change the oil every 3-5k miles from now on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ACEsJK

Thanks for the heads up about the 5w-20. I'll read into more. I appreciate the insights guys

Top Bottom