Airaid or K&N

2013blackrubicon

I am looking to get a new air intake for my '13 JKU and I wanted to know if you guys would recommend and Airaid intake or a K&N intake. Which gives more power? Which gives better mpg? Any input is appreciated!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I run an Airaid now but only because I was looking for a way to install a bigger power steering reservoir for my PSC. If I could, I would have kept my factory airbox. It sounds great but like any CAI, that's about all you'll get unless you install headers and a high flow exhaust as well. There are a growing number of people who are having oil consumption problems on their 3.6L motors and all of them have had CAI's. If you don't need to, I would avoid it.

2013blackrubicon

Honestly, I run an Airaid now but only because I was looking for a way to install a bigger power steering reservoir for my PSC. If I could, I would have kept my factory airbox. It sounds great but like any CAI, that's about all you'll get unless you install headers and a high flow exhaust as well. There are a growing number of people who are having oil consumption problems on their 3.6L motors and all of them have had CAI's. If you don't need to, I would avoid it.

Thanks! The main reason I would be running the CAI is to increase my gas mileage. Are there any engine mods you know of that would help?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! The main reason I would be running the CAI is to increase my gas mileage. Are there any engine mods you know of that would help?

I have never seen a CAI save MPG. Keeping your Jeep stock, running street tires and driving the speed limit are the single best things you can do to keep your MPG from going down but, there's nothing really you can do to "increase" it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Like Eddie I run the airaid CAI on my 2011 with the 3.8 motor. It sounds cool and looks cool when you open up the hood but that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone

machinegunmedic

Last weekend I took out my CAI to clean it. I needed to drive it that day so I put the stock box back in. A week later the only noticeable difference is that it's not as loud and does not gear down as much on an incline/hill. With the CAI my RPM's were lower, that's it.

Top Bottom