Texasjeep01

Want to buy a new jeep and I want to buy it stock and do everything myself. Can I just lift 6"(4 suspension 2 body), put 37s, put some C gussets and regear? This one will be a mall crawler so I'm not worried about axles.

TrailBear

Want to buy a new jeep and I want to buy it stock and do everything myself. Can I just lift 6"(4 suspension 2 body), put 37s, put some C gussets and regear? This one will be a mall crawler so I'm not worried about axles.

Two door or four door? It'll make a difference, but you won't need a body lift if you do a four inch suspension.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You won't need 6" of lift on a JK. You can run 37" tires with as little as 3" of lift and flat fenders.

Texasjeep01

staud11

If I were you, I would do a ton of research regarding 37inch tires and a 6inch lift. To make a tj with 37's safe, there is alot of mods you will want to do. Im no expert but ill try to help. :)
Just some things off the top of my head:
•Upgrade steering components ( tie rod, drag link, adjustable track bars, etc).
•brakes
•regear (if you want any power at all)
•sye/cv drive shaft
•if you end up with a rear dana 35 and run 37's on it, it will break. Just a matter of time.
• adjustable control arms
The list goes on and on man. Definitely do some research before jumping into upgrades this big.
You can have a mean ass tj with 33's-35's.
Goodluck:thumbup:

Sent from my LG-LS980 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jiffy05

I feel like even just being a mall crawler you will still need to do a lot of work to fit 37's under it. Not really worth it IMHO for just a mall crawler. You could just go with 35's and call it a day.

CaliCrusher

My friend has a tj with a 6" lift with only 35s. Cruising behind him on trails, watching him hit steep side angled sections is pretty daunting. Having a high center of gravity coupled with a narrow stance (at least more narrow than a jk) is not something I would suggest. Most of the built up JKs here are 4" of lift and less. Something to consider...

JKU EXTREME

Why would you want a total of a 6" lift, also why a body lift?
You can run 37"s with a 3" kit and flat fenders.

Top Bottom