Inner diameter of Rough Country control arms jk?

cis911

Hi everyone,

So I haven't heard from Rough Country on this question so I figured I would ask here. I have ROUGH COUNTRY lower control arms and wanted to cut off the clevite bushing fixed end and add a flex joint, now all I need is to find out what is the inner diameter of their arms in order to get the correct weldable bung. Or any advice from members that have already done this to their arms. Thank you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, don't know of anyone running their control arms let alone have cut into them. Hopefully you'll find out from them soon. Once you do, please post up what you find out as it might help out others.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Hi everyone,

So I haven't heard from Rough Country on this question so I figured I would ask here. I have ROUGH COUNTRY lower control arms and wanted to cut off the clevite bushing fixed end and add a flex joint, now all I need is to find out what is the inner diameter of their arms in order to get the correct weldable bung. Or any advice from members that have already done this to their arms. Thank you.

I'm running them, but have no intentions of cutting them up. I plan on getting adjustable ones later when I change coils. Or if you get any information on this let me know, I may cut mine and add adjustable ends if they're heavy enough. I'm sure it'll be a cheaper route.

cis911

I'm thinking of adding a Johnny joint after I cut off the fixed end, I have gone through two sets of the rc joints and replaced it with a MC duroflex joint, not impressed btw. I think I will stick with the kick ass jj all the way.

Rebel JK

I wouldnt take this to the bank but if you subtract .5 from the od it may be close enough to at least look around at the options. This would of course just be assuming the arms are .25 wall.
I would look at potential sizes and verify in stock before cutting. Then pull the trigger as soon as you verify.

Top Bottom