Tow hitch recommendations?

mrdempsy

Does anyone recommend a particular brand of tow hitch for the JKU. I have a new 2014 JKU sport and need to get a hitch that will bolt-on, handle at minimum a dirt bike trailer and occasionally a short run to the boat launch with a ski boat. Any that should be avoided?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sugarbear

If u plan on doin any wheeling I would suggest just a rear bumper with a receiver built in because a hitch is pretty much a boat anchor to get hung up on things

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Does anyone recommend a particular brand of tow hitch for the JKU. I have a new 2014 JKU sport and need to get a hitch that will bolt-on, handle at minimum a dirt bike trailer and occasionally a short run to the boat launch with a ski boat. Any that should be avoided?

I've got a factory hitch off a 2008 JKUR sitting in my garage. You want it, it's yours. Not sure what shipping would cost though.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
If you're not gonna be wheeling, I would just find a used OE hitch. I've seen a lot of them on craigslist for sale. People install aftermarket bumpers and hitch removal may be required so they throw the OE hitch on craigslist. May wanna check there.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have a class 3 hitch from hidden hitch. its bolt on. i never take it off. i trailer a couple jet skis, a golf cart, and the boat from ttime to time with it. i got the 2" receiver because it will allow more more accesories like bike racks and cargo trailers.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12015_03_07.htm i got this at a jeep for for $95 with the wiring a few years ago and has been great ever since

Factory hitch for sale in the garage sale or scratch and dent section of Rebel Off roads website. I believe it's $50 but I'm sure they'll ship it

mrdempsy

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did a quick search and Quadratec has a package deal right now for $80 that is bolt on, includes the wiring, and even a "cute" little cover with Jeep logo on it. Based on your suggestions and what I need, the price is right.

Top Bottom