All you jeep guru's out there, please help me!!!

sean.ellis

So, I live in Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. And we have a lovely law up here where your tires can't stick out past the flare. I got pulled over this morning and issued a ticket for my front tinted windows, and was told to either get smaller tires or bigger flares to cover the whole tread, and replace my cracked windshield... Now I've been looking all morning for new fender flares and can't seem to find anything that would be big enough... I have 35x12.5's on stock rims with 1.5" spider trax spacers and have cut my stock flares to flats. With a quick measure i measured my tires stick out 12" in the front and 7.5" in the rear from the body... so my question to all of you is this. Would rims with a different back space help? does any one know of any fender that would cover that much with my current set up? Or do i need to get a new set of rims with different back spacing to eliminate the spacers and new fender flares?

Landman

There are definitely flat fenders that are wider than stock. They might not be cheap though. I know most companies that make metal fenders have the option for a wider fender. I don't remember which ones do so someone else will chime in! As far as another rim with backspacing it will be fairly close to the same measurements I beleive to be able to clear your sway bars on a full turn and flexing for the rear.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Landman

Wild Boar, maybe Bushwacker makes a wider than stock. Google search my friend!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
if im not mistaken bushwackers are wider than stock. maybe look at them. they are not cheap but may work.

Webe

2014-04-07 14.20.05.jpg 2014-04-07 14.20.20.jpg Here's a picture of my Bushwacker flat fenders with 35s. I think they are about $400 for the set.:twocents:

sean.ellis

if im not mistaken bushwackers are wider than stock. maybe look at them. they are not cheap but may work.

Those look awesome, but the tread still sticks out past the fender just a little bit... and if the cop feels like it he can write me a ticket for it...

jeeeep

Hooked
bushwacker makes a new style flair that's wider to cover the entire tread..look on their website

HILLZ

Bushwacker do the pocket style flare which will give you plenty of width to cover the tyre but you will lose nearly 2.5" in height clearance so when ever you flex with the 35's you scrub the flare and run the risk of ripping them off.
though not many people like them on here you may want to look at the Xenon flat flares, they give an extra 1.6" over stock flare on each side, they have a tendancy to sag in hotter environments but i think they now do a brace to stop that. hope this helps you out.

sean.ellis

Do you need the spacers for rubbing? If not, there's a free solution for ya.

Yea, they rub right now with spacers at full lock turn...

I camp in BC all the time, haven't had the JK up there yet. I wonder if they'll bother a US plate?

My windows are tinted too.

I think it depends on the officer, I've been running this way for over a year tire and fender wise, and had the tint since i bought it new in 2011 but just got tagged for it this morning...

kimer82

howdy fellow BC member!. I'm located in kootenays and am having a same problem with what you're going through.
I have been getting away with rear Rock guard / mud flaps installed but cops still tend to follow me around and talk to me about few issues with my jeep...

Mine bascially sticks out..... alot.... stop by canadian tire to rug or floor section... you should be able to find cheap rolls of rubber mats. cut those to use as a backing on your fenderflares. as long as your tires are covored, you're good to go.

if you are running similar rig as mine.. no fender flares will cover the tire width..

here is my rig atm. and yes i do get pulled over lots..

Capita

So, I live in Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. And we have a lovely law up here where your tires can't stick out past the flare. I got pulled over this morning and issued a ticket for my front tinted windows, and was told to either get smaller tires or bigger flares to cover the whole tread, and replace my cracked windshield... Now I've been looking all morning for new fender flares and can't seem to find anything that would be big enough... I have 35x12.5's on stock rims with 1.5" spider trax spacers and have cut my stock flares to flats. With a quick measure i measured my tires stick out 12" in the front and 7.5" in the rear from the body... so my question to all of you is this. Would rims with a different back space help? does any one know of any fender that would cover that much with my current set up? Or do i need to get a new set of rims with different back spacing to eliminate the spacers and new fender flares?

More reasons why I refuse to spend a dime in BC. Move to Alberta. Problems solved.

Advjeep

Have you thought about going to a local fabricator and getting custom flares made? I'll be doing that eventually. I live in vernon too and haven't been harassed yet by the cops for having my tires out by .5" or with my doors off all summer....

Oh and the flare thing is a canadian law not provincial.

ssgp2

I don't have a Jeep and therefore not familier to this problem.
But I am wandering if a spacer attach to the body of the Jeep on which you could attach the original flares, could do the trick.

sean.ellis

howdy fellow BC member!. I'm located in kootenays and am having a same problem with what you're going through.
I have been getting away with rear Rock guard / mud flaps installed but cops still tend to follow me around and talk to me about few issues with my jeep...

Mine bascially sticks out..... alot.... stop by canadian tire to rug or floor section... you should be able to find cheap rolls of rubber mats. cut those to use as a backing on your fenderflares. as long as your tires are covored, you're good to go.

if you are running similar rig as mine.. no fender flares will cover the tire width..

here is my rig atm. and yes i do get pulled over lots..

Yea, my front tires (measured from the body) stick out about 12" and the rears are 7.5", yours look like they stick out a bit farther than mine :p haha but maybe i will head down to canuck tire today and see what i can find! thanks for the advice!

sean.ellis

Have you thought about going to a local fabricator and getting custom flares made? I'll be doing that eventually. I live in vernon too and haven't been harassed yet by the cops for having my tires out by .5" or with my doors off all summer....

Oh and the flare thing is a canadian law not provincial.

Yea i do know a couple fabricators that live in the area, maybe i will ask them if they can fab something up... I hadn't been harassed by them either but i was coming down silver star road and the cop was coming up and he pulled a U-turn and followed me down into BX than pulled me over... at least he didn't ticket me for the flares or the cracked wind shield (but made if very clear that i should get them fixed), only the tint... still a pain in the ass though

Advjeep

sean.ellis said:
Yea i do know a couple fabricators that live in the area, maybe i will ask them if they can fab something up... I hadn't been harassed by them either but i was coming down silver star road and the cop was coming up and he pulled a U-turn and followed me down into BX than pulled me over... at least he didn't ticket me for the flares or the cracked wind shield (but made if very clear that i should get them fixed), only the tint... still a pain in the ass though

Weird, I live up that way too! But maybe it was the tint that caught his attention, I know the local cops hate that! What colour is your jeep? I have the mango tango with Arb front bumper and psc hood louver. Probably seen each other around town!

sean.ellis

Weird, I live up that way too! But maybe it was the tint that caught his attention, I know the local cops hate that! What colour is your jeep? I have the mango tango with Arb front bumper and psc hood louver. Probably seen each other around town!

I got the black ops edition, took the call of duty stickers off though haha... with a tube front bumper (I hate it)

Top Bottom