Dealership Stupidity

radley

I removed my hardtop today and then sought to remove my doors... but a couple of wires, that were up to no good, starting making trouble in my neighborhood. Said wires were connected to two of the harness group wires, which naturally prevented me from removing the harness outright. Gut told me that the wires must be for a dealership-installed security feature. I called the dealership and, sure enough, they confirmed my suspicion.

I bought my JKUR through the Chapman dealership system here in the Greater Las Vegas area. Apparently, they have a third party security company install an alarm feature on their new vehicles prior to sale. They're going to have the third party company rewire my rig. I told them that they might want to instruct the company to stop connecting to the door harness in JKs.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396923125.534060.jpg

I have the same wires. I just disconnect them when removing the doors. So can they be left disconnected? What else did they tell you? Thanks

Sent while sitting on the crapper!

radley

I know, right?! The same dealership, when still negotiating with me during the sales process, heralded a "free benefit" that separates them from other dealerships --- they use nitrogen to fill tires during oil changes (to their credit, they do provide free oil changes for a year). When I said that the nitrogen thing isn't a thing for me because I'd be airing down and up regularly, the salesman asked, "Why would you do that?"

radley

I have the same wires. I just disconnect them when removing the doors. So can they be left disconnected? What else did they tell you? Thanks

Sent while sitting on the crapper!

They didn't tell me much...just that they need to rewire it. I'm about to go on a 2k-mile road trip. Afterwards, I'll hazard disconnecting the wires myself before taking it to the dealership. If you've been able to disconnect them without issue, then perhaps I can as well?

We'll see.

Top Bottom