What coil overs you running on your JK

Jeepjunkeee

Ok so building my 4dr, in the shop are rock jock 60's, 40" MTR's, put the Gen Right rear fuel tank in (badass) 4 link rear, stretched front 3 link. Going to have the coil overs come through the rear floor. So I am looking at the Fox 2.5" 14" emulsions, any comments on these shocks and or what your running? Had kings on my last rig. Triple bypass? will mostly be rock crawling with an occasional desert run. Thanks

mackey

Why not use the King coilovers that Genright has specifically for their suspension which you are using?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You've already run what everyone else here prefers to run and it sounds like you already know what you want to run next. How about you just let us know how much you love them after getting them installed :yup:

Jeepjunkeee

You've already run what everyone else here prefers to run and it sounds like you already know what you want to run next. How about you just let us know how much you love them after getting them installed :yup:

LOL I know, its one of those things that sometimes you second guess on. I noticed some of you running the triple bypass. Is that because of the amount of desert I see you guys crossing in your videos?

On a separate subject, Really want to get out and wheel with you guys as soon as mines done. Thinking about joining you guys on the rubicon run in june. Probably take my wives 4door and let her drive this time. I have attached a pic of my wifes jeep, she didn't like red so repainted it for her.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386135746.504248.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386135746.504248.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 130

mackey

The reason I think so many people run EVO's suspension with King's shocks is its been tried, tested and proven. There are many different Jeep set ups but why not go with one you know people use and love. You've seen the videos so you know what they are capable of. Since you choose GenRights JK build, I'd recommend going with the King Shocks that were made specifically for their suspension package. There is probable a good reason why GenRight recommends the King shocks that they have tuned specifically for their build. Normally people choose another shock besides King because they can't afford it, not because the other shock is better.

Jeepjunkeee

The reason I think so many people run EVO's suspension with King's shocks is its been tried, tested and proven. There are many different Jeep set ups but why not go with one you know people use and love. You've seen the videos so you know what they are capable of. Since you choose GenRights JK build, I'd recommend going with the King Shocks that were made specifically for their suspension package. There is probable a good reason why GenRight recommends the King shocks that they have tuned specifically for their build. Normally people choose another shock besides King because they can't afford it, not because the other shock is better.

Ya the EVO kit is badass for sure. I had already moved the gas tank to the rear so their won't work. Will probably get the King 2.5" coil overs with res (from genright they have them valved already) they have the clicker feature to adjust the ride depending on terrafirma. Again, just getting some opinions appreciate yours. Hope to meet you guys on the trail soon.

Top Bottom