2012 center console Q?

noroad

Ok so i got my heated seats in today and im maping out the spot for the switch and need some recon help! My question is how does one take the center console out/is it needed to come out for the location that i want to put the switch? Question 2 will it fit there ok and not be i the way of the shifters/the wires wont have any problems? here is a pic of where i was thinking of dropping the switch in! (note mine is a standard also)

Attachments

• jc.jpg
    jc.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 135

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The center console is in 2 pieces. The top piece looks like this.

1397035795936.jpg

It just attaches with push in style clips. You can see them in this picture, they are white and there are seven of them

1397035849169.jpg

You just have to pull it apart with some force. Look where the clips are in the picture and try to pull in that area.

To completely remove it you will need to take t case knob off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

The only issue I see with putting the switch there is the passenger would have to reach or lean over into your comfort zone to turn their seat on. I was looking at fabricating a bracket that will go below the arm rest. Looks like there is a removable section already there and away from the 4wd lever.

R/
Will

noroad

The only issue I see with putting the switch there is the passenger would have to reach or lean over into your comfort zone to turn their seat on. I was looking at fabricating a bracket that will go below the arm rest. Looks like there is a removable section already there and away from the 4wd lever.

R/
Will

I dont think that spot will be to bad plus i can always be the one to move it for them its a two in one switch with 5 levels! plus im running low on switch homes that look good!

noroad

The center console is in 2 pieces. The top piece looks like this.

View attachment 77910

It just attaches with push in style clips. You can see them in this picture, they are white and there are seven of them

View attachment 77911

You just have to pull it apart with some force. Look where the clips are in the picture and try to pull in that area.

To completely remove it you will need to take t case knob off.

Woww sweet deal so just rip it of nice and slow and thats how it works?? u start at the cups or the shifter??

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The hardest part is trying to get it started. I think I actually grabbed one of the sides and gave it a good pull as I could get my hand under that. You have to pull hard but not too hard to break it.

Here is another good location

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397036810.013718.jpg

I have also seen people put them in on the sides oft hat console panel so each person has them on their own side and they aren't on top to drop stuff on.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug

R/
Will

That section looks removable because there is a split line. But it is plastic "welded" together and doesn't come apart as best I can see.

noroad

The hardest part is trying to get it started. I think I actually grabbed one of the sides and gave it a good pull as I could get my hand under that. You have to pull hard but not too hard to break it.

Here is another good location

View attachment 77912

I have also seen people put them in on the sides oft hat console panel so each person has them on their own side and they aren't on top to drop stuff on.

Ya i like that spot but the one i have its pretty much just one switch it is the size of a rocker switch thats why i was thinking of the small ramp there! thanks for the break down sounds like a B to get off lol

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
No problem. It isn't too bad to get off. Its just that feeling you get yanking on plastic. Feels like you are pulling harder that you really are. Once it gives it pops right off.

To get t case knob off same thing, just pull on it. Its just a press fit, pull and it will come off.

noroad

No problem. It isn't too bad to get off. Its just that feeling you get yanking on plastic. Feels like you are pulling harder that you really are. Once it gives it pops right off.

To get t case knob off same thing, just pull on it. Its just a press fit, pull and it will come off.

Its not a spin on nob its pressed on is what your saying??

YoungFire

The only issue I see with putting the switch there is the passenger would have to reach or lean over into your comfort zone to turn their seat on.

Haha well usually the -passenger- is me :) so he'd deal with the space invasion ... And when it's not..owell

Top Bottom