Dealer Dino oil

Sugarbear

Changing my oil myself in my 2014 this weekend and I'd like to use the same oil the dealer uses I heard they use amsoil is this true ? Or is there a better Dino to use that matches mopar specs

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Changing my oil myself in my 2014 this weekend and I'd like to use the same oil the dealer uses I heard they use amsoil is this true ? Or is there a better Dino to use that matches mopar specs

Doubt they use amsoil. Just go to the dealer and buy 6 quarts of Mopar 5w20

jeeeep

Hooked

I've been using Mobile1 since my 1st oil change on my 2010, 93000 miles later all good. I did notice oil consumption at about 63000 so I switched to 5w30, seems to be better now

hoveyjk08

I've had great results stemming my consumption issues with lucus synthetic additive.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

BigBoy

My local dealer uses Valvoline. When I asked about the Mopar oil they sell, the parts desk said it was private labeled Valvoline. Not sure if I believe that but changed using Pennzoil as recommended in the owners manual. I've never been much of a Pennzoil fan, but figured if Jeep designs the motor to run it, I guess it's good enough for me.

As just a thought. I realize you want to do the preventive maintenance yourself but I have found that taking my Jeep to my local dealership for service. I found that doing this has allowed me to take my Jeep in for warranty work done because of the relationship I have built. Just my :twocents:.

R/
Will

Sugarbear

Went to my local dealer for the filter and oil they didn't have conventional but told me they think it's Quaker state and that as long as it meet Chrysler specs on the bottle I'll be ok

Top Bottom