07 JK Pionner head unit install

jeepj

Hi all,

I just got offered a great deal for a Pioneer AVH-P3400BH and as I have the stock head unit without the screen, it would be a great upgrade to my sound system. My question is though, I know the pioneer is double din and the stock radio is not, what kind of adapter would I need to install it? Also, what would I need in terms of harnesses and adapters? It's my first time doing this, so bear with me

thank you all!

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
you'll need a double din adapter, possibly a PAC to interface with your stock unit (it may already have what you need since you already have a non-stock unit), amp? what's it rated for 2-4 ohm and will your speakers work with it?
I would go to an audio shop or call them, tell them what you have and ask...any good shop should not have an issue in telling you what you need.

jeepj

Thanks for the reply.
I just talked to crutch field and they filled a shopping cart for me with everything I needed. They honestly have the best customer service!!

jeeeep

Hooked
yea, they are pretty helpful.

I did learn today that the PAC interface does not allow the radio to communicate to the ECU but it's actually reverse. I was informed that in all new cars, the startup process goes through the radio and the PAC allows the ECU to communicate through the radio to all other systems..so much for the old days of buying a new stereo and just connecting speakers etc...then power from and ignition source.

I have a full stereo system ready to install and the more I learn the more I realize what a PIA it's going to be. :beer:

jeepj

Yeah it's really a pain nowadays -- I would love to upgrade the sound system in my 2dr but it's true the more I research the more I want to just save up and do a professional install by a shop

Top Bottom