Rule Ridge

Tim

Fun little trail a little north and west of Woodland Park. It's mostly easy with some steep areas. There is a side loop that is very steep and rutted and very fun.

the start of the trail
DSCF1001 copy.jpg
DSCF1004 copy.jpg DSCF1006 copy.jpg DSCF1011 copy.jpg DSCF1012 copy.jpg

Tim

A few more pics, these are on the side loop.
DSCF1016 copy.jpg
A lot steeper than it looks and big rut right in the middle
DSCF1017 copy.jpg
Steep, rutted and twisty, WooHoo
DSCF1019 copy.jpg DSCF1022 copy.jpg DSCF1025 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Tim

just a couple more.
Saw this guy about 2/3 the way through the trail, and believe it or not, the first one we've seen on all the trails we've been on
DSCF1050 copy.jpg
Had to throw one in of the Dozer ;)
DSCF1024 copy.jpg
showing my artsy side, he kinda spoke to me :) weird huh?
DSCF1058 copy.jpg

Jaydoc1

Hey, Tim. I've actually been eyeing this route in the Funtreks book. Did you start in Woodland Park and make a big loop around past Phantom Creek or did you poke out at Divide?

Tim

Hey, Tim. I've actually been eyeing this route in the Funtreks book. Did you start in Woodland Park and make a big loop around past Phantom Creek or did you poke out at Divide?

We actually jumped on the 67 out of Sedalia, and went south to painted rocks road... probably would have been faster to take the 25 to the springs, then go back north from woodland park, but I kinda like the 67. We were planing on the doing the phantom creek loop too, but it was getting late and I don't have any aux. lighting on the Dozer yet. I use the Funtreks waypoints on the GPS to find my way once we get close to any of the trails. Works out well for us.

Top Bottom