Filter recommendations

I use OEM as of right now, but have used FRAM a lot. Only use OEM because I take the JK to the dealership for service. Makes getting warranty work easier.

jeeeep

Hooked
for my 2010 I've found the mopar or Wix filters do not suffer from drain causing dry starts after sitting for several days

StrizzyChris

I see that you have a '14 and are still under warranty. If it were me, I'd only run Mopar filter and oil through there and buy it through your regular dealership so they have records of it. I'm deathly afraid of my 3.6L and it going out on me and dont want them to be able to deny a claim on me. Mines been in there twice already(only 7K miles) for engine related work. :crazyeyes:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I just use Valvoline in my '12 because that's what we keep in stock here at the shop. I don't use Fram because we had a cutaway when I worked at Napa and Fram uses cardboard to hold the paper element together. Napa filters are made by Wix and use steel to hold the paper together. I don't like the idea of having oil soaked cardboard in my oil filter. The 3.6 filters will be held together with plastic, regardless of brand.

Top Bottom