5.13 gears what do I need?

2trackin

Background
2014 JK Rubicon
37s
Factory axles
Automatic trans
5000 miles
I have never done or paid to have done a gear change. I have someone who is fairly reasonable (I think) at $175 an axle for labor.
My question is, what all do I need for the regear, and what manufacturer of those components should I be looking for?
Thanks in advance for all your replies

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

seanb123

Background
2014 JK Rubicon
37s
Factory axles
Automatic trans
5000 miles
I have never done or paid to have done a gear change. I have someone who is fairly reasonable (I think) at $175 an axle for labor.
My question is, what all do I need for the regear, and what manufacturer of those components should I be looking for?

North ridge 4x4 has gear packages with ring pinion an overhaul kits. With only 5000 miles you might get away with only an install kit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Background
2014 JK Rubicon
37s
Factory axles
Automatic trans
5000 miles

With 37's, I would recommend 5.13 gears and they are all pretty much made by the same South Korean company and just put into different boxes so you can go with any make. You will need to get an overhaul kit as well. All the parts plus labor should cost about $1000-$1500.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think a programmer is required also.

This is correct. You will need to get something like a FlashCal or ProCal to calibrate your speedometer. Failure to do so will leave your shift points off and give you an incorrect reading on the speedo.

Moochie

This is correct. You will need to get something like a FlashCal or ProCal to calibrate your speedometer. Failure to do so will leave your shift points off and give you an incorrect reading on the speedo.

Don't the newer JK's go into limp mode with a gear change, with out a re-program?

2trackin

Already covered. I'm a tester for Superchips currently running the latest traildash.

Top Bottom