Protec skid system

DKronk42

So im looking to pull the trigger on the evo protec skid full system here soon. My question is what is the level of installation difficulty? Is this something i can install in my driveway in a few hours with basic tools? 2014 manual 2 door sport.

Fruju

Yes. And it can even be done without draining the engine oil just as long as you do it when the engine/oil has cooled. Take it slow and steady, try not to bump the sump once bolts are out otherwise :doh::drowninga:.
The only issue I had was a couple of the bolt holes on the cross member skid didn't quite line up, which I had to elongate. Other than that was fairly easy.

kornchip

Are all the skid systems the same or is there a difference between a 2011 and 2012 in the write up?

kornchip

Ya I just didnt know if there was a large difference in the bolt pattern of the skid system. Thanks for the help eddie always appreciate the write ups.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ya I just didnt know if there was a large difference in the bolt pattern of the skid system. Thanks for the help eddie always appreciate the write ups.

The EVO ProTek engine skids fit the oil pan perfectly. Both engines have pans that are different in shape and size. The transmission skid attaches to it back to the mounts on the cross member, this is different too. :yup:

Top Bottom