stopping power

Toneman

Kind of a random question. As I sit here building my jk wish list, in upgrading to the larger tires has anyone ever felt the need to upgrade the breaking system due to lack of stopping power?

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Wondering what people are running and having success with myself as I'm at the point of need a brake job on my OEM's.

I know a few manufactures that have them, EVO, Teraflex, and some lesser known shops put kits together.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
we're still running factory brakes on our new 2012 and with 37's and i still feel like they work well enough. but, that's just me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Knowing I will be able to run my OEM brakes with 37's is good news.

you do need to know that it won't be as good as what you had running stock tires but, even with the bigger brake kits, i have found that the oem pads do okay. at least for me, not worth the upgrade unless you're getting 60's and then, they come with it.

Serg5000

wayoflife said:
you do need to know that it won't be as good as what you had running stock tires but, even with the bigger brake kits, i have found that the oem pads do okay. at least for me, not worth the upgrade unless you're getting 60's and then, they come with it.

Thanks for the tip. I'll run OE. I don't drive it like its a Ferrari. I just roll the speed limits.

ichthus

When our rotors started giving me brake shudder I upgraded to Rebel Off Road's brake kit. Simple rotor and pad swap, but I was very happy with them, and the drilled/slotted design gave me extra peace-of-mind when pulling the trailer on hills.

Top Bottom