Rubicon Aug 18th/19th

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Myself and a buddy are going to run a quick trip to the Rubicon in from the Tahoe side and camping at Rubicon Springs. Leaving the Reno area at 7AM Saturday, wheel all day making it a long day to camp, then wheel Sunday, heading out late afternoon/evening.

If you're interested in joining let me know.

Serg5000

I am taking the time to upgrade some components on our JK before our next trip to the Rubicon. We may be going next June or July.

Enjoy your trip.

Trail_Creeper

I think i'm going to have to work my way to the South West once our second tour in AK is finished. Seems to be a lot of once in a life time opportunities in the northern Nevada and California areas such as this one.

Serg5000

Trail_Creeper said:
I think i'm going to have to work my way to the South West once our second tour in AK is finished. Seems to be a lot of once in a life time opportunities in the northern Nevada and California areas such as this one.

California has a lot of beautiful places to wheel and visit. If you get a chance be sure and plan some wheeling out here. As for Tahoe, well I'm new to that place. What I saw was beautiful. The trees just go forever man. I was shocked at how beautiful it was. My girl and I will be planning a trip there in the next few months. We can thank Wayalife for that. :)

Trail_Creeper

I won't be out of AK till after 2016, if I do leave it will put us at Nellis AFB outside of Las Vegas or Edwards AFB, CA. I've told the Mrs I looove all the pictures from Northern Nevada that WayOfLife put up

MTG

Caught the Bug
As much as I'd love to hit the rubicon, I'm going to have to pass as well.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Welp, our trip was cut short. My buddy's XJ died about 2 miles in from Loon Lake. Appears to be fuel pump related and not something we were going to be able to fix on the trail. I did get to give my new EVO D-Ring mounts a workout though as I towed him out, which made many obstacles especially 'fun'. We're going to try to get back in there in October as we're both tied up weekendwise until then. MTG, I'm looking at you, you better be joining too. :yup:

Here's a few pics.

Just a poser pic of my Jeep.

IMG_20120818_120323.jpg

Granite Bowl

IMG_20120818_114605.jpg

Winching the XJ off the trail, my buddy asking the obligatory Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

IMG_20120818_125543.jpg

Got him hooked up, ready to crawl at 7.4:1 speeds for 2 miles.

IMG_20120818_142745.jpg

Brand new EVO D-ring mounts, just installed 2 days ago, came up big.

IMG_20120818_142804.jpg

LoPo

Caught the Bug
The typical, "this pic doesn't do it justice". I had to reattack for a new line. We unhooked him and he rolled down with no powersteering. :wings:
IMG_20120818_145407.jpg

Unhooked and went down, showing off some articulation, while we measure out the strap length to his position and make sure we can hook him back up.
IMG_20120818_150035.jpg

:cussing:
IMG_20120818_192917.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Cool pics! Bummer about your buddies' rig. Did he figure it out?

October might work, depends on the dates.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Cool pics! Bummer about your buddies' rig. Did he figure it out?

October might work, depends on the dates.

It's at the mechanic currently, not sure if it's been put on a rack yet.

I'll keep you posted about the dates, we do know that the first weekend in Oct doesn't work for either of us.

I think we may have another rigs able to join up as well. :beer:

Top Bottom