2014 JKU not sitting level.

ram190

Has a Teraflex leveling kit installed w/ a TF tracbar up front. Driver side front and rear are sitting ~1/2" higher than the passenger side- all measurements seem to jist. Is this normal? With no one behind the wheel.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Full tank of gas by chance? It's pretty common to have a passenger lean.

That would be my guess as well. Almost every JK and JKU I have seen in person does not sit level to some degree. How bad is it? My JKU does not sit level, but itss hard to tell just by eyeballing it. The measurements are the tell tale.

ram190

That would be my guess as well. Almost every JK and JKU I have seen in person does not sit level to some degree. How bad is it? My JKU does not sit level, but itss hard to tell just by eyeballing it. The measurements are the tell tale.

Ok, sounds like this is a common thing, the tank reads 1/4th full. It's hard to tell by eyeballing it I just happened to be taking some measurements. The front axle needs to come over to the drivers side about 1/4th inch with the new tracbar installed- the passenger side swaybar link is angled out more than the drivers side at the moment also.

Last edited:

09blackruby

Yup, very common on a jku and it's been discussed a few times. My JKUR sat 1/2 in lower on the passengers side with the gas tank empty and full both stock and lifted. It drove me crazy so I put a 1/2 in spacer in the passenger rear and problem solved. You can also use adjustable rear sway bar links and adjust the passengers side larger then the drivers side.

ram190

Yup, very common on a jku and it's been discussed a few times. My JKUR sat 1/2 in lower on the passengers side with the gas tank empty and full both stock and lifted. It drove me crazy so I put a 1/2 in spacer in the passenger rear and problem solved. You can also use adjustable rear sway bar links and adjust the passengers side larger then the drivers side.

So I noticed that I had the passenger side sway link on the wrong side of the axle mount. Fixed it and centered the axle and now it is only about 1/8 - 1/4th" off from the drivers side- good enough, not gonna worry about it too much. Thanks for everyones input.

Update: after driving around for a day, it seems to be level now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom