Going Fast ??

T&ERun

LOSER
Can you "go fast" (offroad obviously) with coils. I know if you want to "go fast" you really want coil overs with good shocks and good bump stops. If you had "good shocks" with coils (EVO plush specifically) how would it compare to coil overs? I know you can do it, just curious what you guys may think. Who has done it? How was it.

When I say "fast", I mean going across sand flats, dirt roads with some minor wash outs, small whoops, etc.

Thanks

MTG

Caught the Bug
I like to think I have gone pretty fast. Sure as hell bottomed out a lot. If I were to do it on a regular basis I would add king air bump stops to my set up. :yup:

As fast as those running DTD/EVO lever? Not a chance. :grayno:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Having driven a rig with C/O I can tell you driving fast doesn't compare. Like MTG I've driven fast through the desert with the Enforcer. While it does what I want it to do, I know the limits of my suspension. I wouldn't dare subject my rig through the same terrain at speeds of those with C/O or DTD.

I tried to keep up with Eddie bombing thru the Mojave desert once.... Was going well until a few big whoops at 40mph and then things got scary. I'm running the RK 3.5" flex system and bilstein 5100's. I wish I could afford coilovers but I still have plenty of fun with traditional coils. Just know your limits

GCM 2

Driving fast with conventional springs is possible. What is going to allow you to do it is the shock you are running, since that is what controls the compression and rebound of any spring or coilover. If you can run a reservoir shock, or a shock with bypass tubes and reservoir, you can go even faster. Add air or hydraulic bumpstops, like MTG mentioned, and now you can really haul the mail.

Driving fast with conventional springs is possible. What is going to allow you to do it is the shock you are running, since that is what controls the compression and rebound of any spring or coilover. If you can run a reservoir shock, or a shock with bypass tubes and reservoir, you can go even faster. Add air or hydraulic bumpstops, like MTG mentioned, and now you can really haul the mail.

I want to drive EVOJEEP fast through the desert just see how it is. :yup:

Top Bottom